Graphical Lag/Freezing with G600 Gaming Mouse input

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ryald, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Ryald New Member

Whenever information comes from my mouse (mouse movement or button press) my eq2 client pauses for that duration. The screen freezes (just eq2, nothing else behaves in this manner) then unfreezes as soon as I stop moving the mouse. I have switched to a throw away dell $5 mouse and it does not cause this lag.

Things I have tried:
    Reinstalled Logitech Gaming Software drivers (and tried previous versions)
    Reinstalled graphics drivers (and tried previous versions)
    Reinstalled the entire eq2 client
    -None have worked
    (Note: I used this same mouse about 3 months ago to play eq2 just fine, the issue is recent and nothing on my computer has changed since I last played.)

I have no idea what to do to fix this.
    Does anyone else use the G600 Gaming mouse? Am I the only person with this issue?

Mouse: Logitech G600 Gaming Mouse
    Mouse Drivers: Logitech 8.46
    Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 580
    Nvidia Driver Version: 826.19
  2. Sapienta Active Member

You can try looking for mouse acceleration settings in both windows and the logitech software and disabling it. I haven't had that trouble but happened to come across that fix for some mouse problems.
  3. Ryald New Member

I figured out that the report rate was bottle-necking my eq2 client performance...
    I had my mouses reports per second maxed at 1,000. I switched it to 125 and the issue seems to be fixed, well not really fixed, it should be able to handle 1,000 like every other game I play.
    This might just be a temporary fix and there may still be an underlining issue that I have no found yet.

[IMG]
  4. JestersTM New Member

Confirming this issue with a G600 :/

It's not every time I move but it's stuttering a lot for no good reason.
  5. Avianna Well-Known Member

I use a razer naga and do not experience that issue. I love my naga :) best gaming mouse ever!
  6. Vantor New Member

I use a razer naga and I have this issue as well. I if I move with A or D silky smooth, but if I turn the camera using the right or left mouse buttons it basically freezes for 2 - 3 seconds. It makes it impossible to play for me because I'm not a keyboard turner. It's not a graphics issue, like I said when I steer with A or D no fps loss at all. The only thing I can do with my mouse is click NPCs, use inventory, and navigate UI windows. I've changed all the settings in EQ 2, I've messed with the settings in my Naga software absolutely nothing will fix it. No other game has this issue and my mouse is working great everywhere else. I bought EQ 2 when it came out, and was hoping to start up again, but this makes it unplayable for me at the moment. Wow, swtor, Rift, Final Fantasy XIV, LoL, Dota 2, about any fps game you can think of, everything works perfectly so I know it's not the mouse. I hope there is a fix soon.

Things I've tried.

- Updated Razer software
    - Updated Video Card
    - Changed all graphic settings to maximum low just to test, and it still does it.
    - Ajusted mouse speed in both game and mouse software
    - Turned off Mouse acceleration in software and adjusted polling rate
    - Turned off Aero in windows 7, ran as admin, and ran in Win xp sp3 mode

Also, after playing EQ 2 I can go into any game with EQ 2 running or not and the mouse works fine. It's just with this one game. As soon as I hold that right mouse button and try to move the camera it just freezes for a couple seconds. If I hold the right mouse button and move straight it doesn't do it, only when I try to steer or look around, and it doesn't matter how slow I try to look around. Keboard I can spin around in circles all day, pan up down whatever without a hitch.