Got your Back broken ?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Emlar, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Emlar New Member

I submited a /bug a few weeks ago, but I didn't see any fix coming.
    So, I may be wrong.
    But it seems to me that Got your Back (Guardian AA) doesn't protect any fighter any more.
    It used to be quite reliable last tier, but I haven't seen it working on any mob AE.
    Do other guardians feel the same ?
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

It works still, the problem is 95% of AE's seem unblockable currently. It shows on the fights you can block though. Remember Got Your Back has a limited range. Like Recapture this skill is very hard to see if it works. Frequently I use Recapture and it gets dropped to a scout, not a fighter. So it IS doing something but not what the tooltip said.

So I guess, yes both skills I mentioned work. The catch is that mobs have unblockable AE's and the other is hard to measure.
  3. Boli Active Member

It is also amusing how many guards think that it protects the MT the AoE immunity only works if you are NOT the target of the main mob (not necessarily you, but it has come up a couple of times recently)... and as Estred mentioned 95% of the time even that doesn't work.

If you really wanna protect another tank, use one of your saves and press intercept :)
  4. Netty Member

Im not saying you are wrong Estred but if Recapture is wiping the mob to a scout its broken and should be looked at. As it should even increas the guardians hate as it was changed in tso i think? It worked back then anyways. But tbh i dont play my guard that much anymore so cant tell. But if it do like that it need to be looked at. I find it funny that so many aoes just eat aoe blocks and stuff like that... Its the same with so many abilitys. Target lock abilitys... Immune abilitys you named it. First they give out these abilitys.. then they give the mobs abilitys to work around them making the abilitys pretty useless....
  5. Boli Active Member

It has been the cycle since the beginning, you used to be able to perma stun epics and drain their power so they couldn't cast AoEs ;)
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep, it does not protect the Guardian. However yes abut 50% of the time after a Memwipe when I use Recapture (3 seconds after wipe thus all fighters are back on the hate list) it goes from our mage to our swashbuckler or some other scout... the other 50% it goes to me or another tank; frequently I have to use Recapture and Rescue in tandem to get hate back. Nothing wrong with that but Recatpure's tooltip implies that all fighters are raised and all non-fighters are dropped. So the only time it should effect a mob is if a tank is raised over the current target. If all non-fighters are lowered then it should not matter that the Conjy has hate compared to the Swashbucker... they BOTH lost the same amount of hate.

The skill is really finicky to use and as I said I pair it with another snap taunt to compensate for this infrequent working... it does reshuffle the hate list almost as a reverse memwipe. That is a good thing and it should stay as such, just maybe a bit more reliably as I have this glitch even in heroic groups where I am the only tank and 1 auto-attack places me at position 2 or 3 on the hate list.

Also Boli I have "Deathsaved" the MT when I OT by pairing up "block + tower of stone + Intercept" I get hit by the AE and I take the MT's AE :D it isn't easy to time but man is it effective. I think these abilities have been weakened as the healers get stronger. Mobs no longer will outlast the healers due to chanters having a lot of power regen now.

I know many classes however are annoyed that their unique abilities like this made weaker even in Heroic. It certainly seems to make the game a bit less unique but overall EQ2 is still quite complex combat wise compared to other MMO's.
  7. Boli Active Member

I have done the same with "Faith" a fair few times, so I can take both the AoE on me and the MT at the same time. LoH is also a handy targeted stone-skin which also triggers on yourself if cast on another.
  8. Emlar New Member

So, if I hear you correctly, GYB isn't broken.
    It just fails to apply on 95% of raid named AEs because of script condition.
    Yesterday we made Boars, Berik and Harrows' End, GYB failed to protect my 2 OTs on each of these mobs.
    TBH, I'm a bit pissed off. It seems to me that raid content apply the SAME pattern all the time.
    I can understand that some AEs cannot be blocked, but why all AEs ?

Same thing for mem wipe/aggro mgt. For yesterday raid, Berik, Bastion, Oligar and Drinal all have mem wipe/aggro switch.
    Not to mention this stupid Baelon.
    Plant doesn't work on any of these, though Recapture does (not accurately on Baelon :) )
    Where is the fun ?

So basically we have 1 useless AE and 1 useless CA ?
    Any suggestion to Xelgad for a replacement then ?
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

A number of skills are worthless. GYB is extremely good... when it works. Just ask Enchanters about hey they have been nerfed in terms of their abilities towards Raid Bosses. Memshuffles (the mechanic you noted) is new, it is not a standard mem-wipe and is actually much worse. Not even Recapture will work about 50% of the time on these bosses.