Gorowyn Weathervane

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rotherian, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Is there a reason that the Gorowyn Weathervane has a rooster on top?

I mean, let's face it, chickens aren't a common sight around Gorowyn. Wouldn't a lizard have been more appropriate? o_O
    suka likes this.
  2. Vordreth Member

Maybe it's a cockatrice. ;)
  3. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll be in a future expansion?... This had to come from somewhere....
    Plate of Chicken Boxty
    [IMG]or is it... soylent Green's? 0.0

and there's Chickenbane \aITEM -1058884007 1582360421:Chickenbane\/a
    (I can't find a picture.. but i have a feeling it's a small axe/hatchet. >.>

The chicken.. is out there.... /x files music
    Tariya likes this.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

That look like a cockatrice to you?

[IMG]
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I'm not objecting to a chicken being on a weathervane - in a society where it makes sense. Chickens don't really make sense on a Gorowyn weathervane, lizards would - and their craftwork should probably reflect that.
  6. Vordreth Member

There was a wink emote at the end of my suggestion, in case you missed it. Cockatrices are the closest thing we have to that, so it was merely a play on the first half of the word. Not meant to be all serious.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I meant to put an emote at the end of my question, but I was in a hurry*. Didn't mean it to sound as confrontational as it probably came across.

Read it again, but put a :p right after the question mark. That is how I intended for it to come across.

* I had my fill settings set too high on PDN, so rather than try to remember how to tweak it, I made an outline in the color of the background around the rooster, then filled the outer portion with that color (it was originally the bluish shade from the Dressing Room window). Since that took me a while, I was in a rush to get the post up and head out adventuring with a guild member.
  8. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Did you not see all the aviaks at the beginning of timeous questline? If i build farm and stick a weathervane up I dont want a lizard lol they won't spin worth a ding dong. Featherless, hairless varmints are better for making shoes and purses.:)
    suka likes this.
  9. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Gimme a week and I'll see if I can't fashion a replacement with a dragon's head or something similar..
    suka likes this.
  10. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Horse would work. =P I've seen weathervanes with horses, and there are horses all over the place in Norath.. although if we're talkin about making a whole new weathervane.. how bout a griffon? =P
  11. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

I vote for a Halfling weathervane. With its legs and arms sticking straight out, i'm sure it would catch enough wind to spin...;p
  12. Tariya Active Member

I wish I could give double ... oh no, multi multi likes for this ^^.
    It gave me an unexpected laugh attack. :)
  13. suka Well-Known Member

while you are fashioning- can you please come up with a pedestal that looks like it was made of stone colored bricks?
  14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I can't promise anything. I don't even know if I'll be able to find the time to fashion the dragon's head weathervane. Haven't had as much free time since my wife started her new job (since I don't want the kids destroying the house).
    suka likes this.