Good Solo Mage

Discussion in 'General Mage Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Rokzar, Mar 16, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Rokzar Guest

Not really too picky, just want a mage I'm able to solo with. I plan on betraying as a rat, and hope its not as tough as it was with my Ogre Guardin :|
  2. ARCHIVED-Gormak Guest

im biased, but id say a Conjuror.
    However, any summoner or enchanter should have good solo value.
  3. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

A good Conjy with the right gear is insane.
    A good Coercer is up there.
  4. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Any mage can solo extremly efficient.
    For solo content:
    Speed of kill is probably wizard
    Safest is probably conj

For heroric content:
    Any heroric that isnt immune to control effects can be soloed fairly easly by all mages.
    Those immune to most control effects will most easly be killed by conjs and necros.
  5. ARCHIVED-Arkinon Guest

Necro all the way. Especially when you get tainted healss AA line. Threre is no downtime for health or power and being able to heal your pet while debuffing the mob is a plus. Throw out a few dots and the mob practically kills itself. Also I love being able to solo named that chew through other people like paper.
    The downside to a necro. Its hard to get into raids and groups becuase everyone and their grandma has one and only one is really needed in either but solo we kick more @$$ than a 3 legged man!!
  6. ARCHIVED-Jaezah Guest

Yeah, if you are going solo then try out the necro
    You get your hearts for power, the tainted heals line for your pet, the pet taunt, feign death which can be invaluable if you are solo'ing lol.
    I love my necro. Can't get a group? Oh well, i can go solo! I also have an assassin and Inq leveling up and neither one compares to the ease of leveling my necro. The assassin is flimsy and after two DPS characters the Inq just makes me restless. With my necro, I can tank, dps, heal, power myself, save myself with FD... Whoot!!