good(lol) dps merc.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Epixz, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Epixz Member

Aside from the rare snake lady, is there a regular dps mercenary that actually dps decently? Or am i doomed to camp her in which ever zone she pops in?
  2. Epixz Member

So no one to aswer this simple question?
    wich regular dps merc is the best to play around with an inquisitor for the extra dps?
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Probably just got overlooked. Matir Dut aside I honestly found Fyrestarter or whatever the Wiz merc was works nicely... granted that is on my Illusionist. Many stand by the Shadowknight Merc from Neriak as it not only does alright dps but tanks for you too.

I use the Archon Construct but I am a tank so I need a healer with me. The newer assassin merc Kilphin Tsol'Ew or what not only does 15-20K total that is parsed in Shard of Hate.
  4. Epixz Member

Cheers Estred, i randomly picked the goblin brig cause he looks cool with a monocle and a hat but he is kinda meh dps wise.
    will try the assassin one if i can find him.
    Any specific place to hunt for matri du in stonebrunt?
  5. Snowhaze Active Member

Don't 'hunt' for her, just pop in the druid or wizard ring and ask a nearby guard for 'matri'. If she is up, they will point and you'll get an X on your map where she is (otherwise they tell you they don't know where to find her or some similar message). I found her the other day on an alt this way, can't comment on her dps yet as I haven't had a chance to try her out yet (and my alt is only level 56). I have Kenny on my main and he is a tanking/healing beast.

I found both of them within a couple of weeks of just checking this way when I logged in and out each day.
  6. Epixz Member

Thanks for the heads up on the guard stuff, i though i remember Gninja telling they would fix this cause it wasnt intended.
    Can you still only own only 1 merc at the same time or did they change that?
  7. Snowhaze Active Member

They didn't change it, it definitely still works and yes you can only ever own 1 merc currently.
  8. Epixz Member

damn that sucks, how do people work with the merc from the collector edition? did they forfeit their old (rare if applicable) merc for the new one?
  9. Snowhaze Active Member

The rare mercs are better than the CoE collectors edition ones. I just never ended up using my werewolf since I picked up Kenny shortly before the expansion was released. My wife used to use Stamper and now she is using the werewolf until I can find her one of the rares, this one is taking a good bit longer unfortunately.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the templar merc is pretty nice. haven't compared him to Perrin or Kenny though.