Good berserker duo

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Cucuy, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Cucuy Member

Hey all, what's a good duo partner for a berserker besides inquisitor/warden?

Thanks
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

Any healer is the best with a tank.

If a healer isn't an option then a high dps class to kilk things before the zerker gets to 0 HP.
  3. Cucuy Member

I started leveling a defiler to run with the berserker, but after doing a bit of reading, it seems the defiler would be better suited to run with an SK. I'm not opposed to rolling another healer, but I was just wondering if there were any other decent options.
  4. valdoras Member

At later levels mystic would be better, but for the majority of the way up it barely makes a difference
  5. Vagrant Storm Active Member

Have access to a merc? I say grab a healing mercenary and duo with a Dirge.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Of all healers, a Defiler could benefit the most from duoing with the Zerker. The Zerker has plenty of DPS to make up for what the Defiler lacks, and the Defiler can keep the Zerker alive. I have never met a cautious Zerker. Even those players that are natively more reticent about pulls just go nuts when playing a one (pardon if that's a pun...)

Any of the healers would do well, but Mystic and Inquis and Warden would help the Zerker with buffs. Duo a Defiler with the Zerker only if you want a max level Defiler at the end of it - otherwise betray to Mystic and go out and mass kill stuff.
  7. Cucuy Member

Thanks for all the responses. Pretty good chance we won't be getting to max level any time soon. I've been playing since beta and only have max level crafters. That's what 20 alts gets ya...

I'm playing with my son, who is new to the game and really likes the big armor of plate tanks. He also has a shadowknight. I rolled an inquisitor to run with the berserker and will run the defiler with his sk. We are both out of Neriak.

so...
    berserker/defiler
    shadowknight/inquisitor

Good combos or should I try something else?

Thanks!
  8. Davngr Well-Known Member

get some dps mercs if you can because kills are going to be slow but other than that you're on the right track. playing anything other than a healer would lower your chances of success on challenging stuff greatly.
  9. SentinelBasch Active Member

I play with a Berserker friend regularly on my Templar. He's able to go Recklessness anywhere and I have zero issues keeping him up as long as he pulls less than 30 mobs. But don't expect to contribute much to DPS. LOL
  10. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I think these are great combos. Both tanks are really fun to play, and both healers are as well. For Defiler, just know that you have really slow casting at lower levels, so plan ahead for healing vs. reacting to damage. Wards are great, but once they are breached at lower levels, it's tough healing your target back up.

In a pinch, the Berserker's own heals and death prevents will help you out and get your son used to awareness of when to trust the healer and when the healer needs help :)
    Cucuy and Regolas like this.
  11. Cucuy Member

I guess I meant

sk/defiler
    berserker/inquisitor

how does that stack up against

sk/inquisitor
    berserker/defiler?
  12. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Technically speaking, SK/Defiler and Zerker/Inquis would match each other a little more evenly (IMO) - abilities combined with buffs, etc.

But also IMO, that's being really technical and won't affect your game play unless you are end game min/maxing for super-tough groups or raids. For the rest of the game SK/Inquis and Berserker/Defiler would work just fine if that's what you wanted to play.

Of the two healers, Defiler has the weaker, more specific buffs (they enhance disease, primarily, which is why they are really good buffs for an SK). But they are more powerhouse healer-y than Inquis, and have a tougher time soloing because of it.
    Cucuy likes this.
  13. Cucuy Member

Thanks for the response. This is why I like this forum better than the other one.

I'm not really into min/maxing, but I've never played a defiler before. I think I just like the idea of the shaman classes. I have a mystic that I have tried soloing, but I just can't get into it no matter how much I try. Maybe it's redoing the same content, yet again. I better stop now before this gets moved to the priests sub-forum ;)
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  14. Tamm Shinn New Member

I was just about to post basicly the same question. Would berserker and warden duo also be effective?
  15. Vagrant Storm Active Member

Any tank plus healer combo is going to be really effective.

However, Warden is my first choice...I think a Templar will keep my zerker nearer to full health on average, but the Warden comes with a lot of utility. A lot of bard like skills that increase offensive skills and increase run speed...even an evac. I've never played a Warden though...I don't know if healing a Zerker in offensive stance is any fun though. I just see them do it.

So I guess if you have a Bard around...I'd take a Templar or Inquisitor, but if not I'd take a Warden.
  16. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I duo'd with a Zerker on my Warden for many years (different players), and learned a lot about how to heal because it starts out as a challenge. Once you get the rhythm of how a Zerker will lose health, then it's easy - even in Offensive stance.