Golden Bracers, how do they upgrade?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Lateana, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

So I bought the Golden Bracers last event. I have done the new event dungeon at least six times and do not see an upgrade at the event vendor, nor do I see an upgrade on the bracers I am wearing. I do see that I need the achievement Awuidor's Aww'right on the bracers though I don't see it in my achievements journal.

Exactly how do the bracers upgrade and what is the achievement they cite? I have not been able to find any info on this, just vague references saying they will upgrade.
  2. Bramdar Active Member

The "Awuidor's Aww'right" achievement is from the upcoming Oceansull instance. You can find the achievement under Live Events -> Oceansfull. But since Oceansfull won't start for another 3 weeks or so, we don't have any information on the new instance yet.

The bracer effect does gain additional items with each event achievement completed (the Tinkerfest achievement unlocked some of the effects as well.)
    Lateana likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The bracers tell you what achievements you need to unlock for the effects to add.
  4. Benj Well-Known Member

If you were on a toon that hadn't completed any of the three achievements, and you examined the bracers, you would see something like the following image. The activated ability is split into three sections, one for each holiday/achievement. When you complete one of the achievements, the only visible change is that the red line for that achievement disappears. The effect for that achievement would then apply when you activated the bracers. Because you completed the Tinkerfest and Scorched Sky achievements, you would only see the final line for Awuidor's Aww'right. The stats of the bracers do not upgrade. You do not have to buy the bracers a second time, nor do you have to buy an "upgrade unlock" from the jubilation merchants.
    [IMG]
    Breanna and Lateana like this.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Thanks to both of you for the informative answers! That clears it up for me.
    Breanna likes this.