Gold Membership bug

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Rykazz37, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Rykazz37 New Member

Hello,

I noticed that the Gold Membership is no giving the plat reward it says it is. I went into OoA and killed Kierax and looted the plat chest. my chat log states that I received 9 plat 32 gold and additional 1 plat 21 gold. However after I called to GH and went to put it in the bank, I had only 9 plat 48 gold on me. I should have a minimum of 10 plat 53 gold. I bought nothing and did not have a merc up, so no money was spent.
  2. Rykazz37 New Member

Well, this makes me feel unimportant. SOE can not even give me a "we are looking into it" response. Really makes me want to stay with this game.
  3. RadarX Community Manager

This is the first concern of this nature I have seen regarding plat drops. If you notice behavior persisting please update this thread and we'll continue to look for other folks experiencing the same problem.
  4. Lamatu Active Member

I tested this in a advanced solo zone and only received the top line amount of gold. If the second line of the bonus coin is included in the first total line then please ignore this.
  5. Avianna Well-Known Member

I seem to be getting my bonus just fine, I'll go run OoA right now to test it
  6. Avianna Well-Known Member

your share of 10 plat 8 gold from Kierax's Treasure is 11 plat 59 gold 19 silver 99 copper You receive an additional 1 plat 51 gold 19 silver 99 copper bonus.

looks like it is working fine to me....

11 plat 59 gold 19 silver 99 copper minus 10 plat 8 gold = 1 plat 51 gold 19 silver 99 copper
    10 plat 8 gold times 15% = 1 plat 51 gold 19 silver 99 copper

yup it is working fine here.

I think it could be worded a little better so it is not confusing when it says you share of 10 plat is 11 plat but other than that it is working just fine.
  7. Ahshuckins New Member

Doesn't work for me either. The dialog in chat box says it does. But it doesn't add in the reward in monies. I went out with no coins and was awarded the amount given in top line only not in the second line as noted in Avianna's posts. Tested on two over land named in Opal Plains.
  8. Stargrace New Member

If you read the post above yours, you'll see that you don't actually earn the top line + the bottom line. The top line is your adjusted amount already. Subtract the bottom line from the top line, and that is what you would have typically earned.

It is indeed working. The wording is just poor, people expect that they get the top line + the bottom line. That is not how it works. The bonus amount is already included in that top line.
    Kuulei likes this.
  9. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

English is not my native language and even i understood the sentence perfectly. Might be poor wording, dont know....
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Perhaps a change to the phrase by the development team to an edited version below:

your share of 10 plat 8 gold from Kierax's Treasure is 11 plat 59 gold 19 silver 99 copper You receive which includes an additional 1 plat 51 gold 19 silver 99 copper bonus

I just think the OP missed this portion of the chest message: your share of 10 plat 8 gold...
    and only focused on this part: Kierax's Treasure is 11 plat 59 gold 19 silver 99 copper You receive an additional 1 plat 51 gold 19 silver 99 copper bonus
    JanEQ likes this.
  11. Rykazz37 New Member

I do not think that I miss read the messages. Today I did another run. I started with no money on my character. When I got to Kierax, my character had 2 gold, 21 silver, and 47 copper. After killing Kierax the chat message stated: "You loot 15 Platinum, 9 Gold, 94 Silver, 99 Copper from the Kierax's treasure. You receive an additional 1 Platinum, 96 Gold, 94 Silver, 99 Copper bonus!" My character had 15 Platinum, 12 Gold, 16 Silver, 46 Copper after looting.

This same pattern is occurring with all my 80+ characters on my account.

Thank you.
  12. JanEQ Active Member

So you looted 15p 9g 94s 99c plus what you had earlier (2g 21s 47c) = 15p 12g 16s 46c. You only receive the first number, not an additional 1p 96g 94s 99c.

The 15p 9g 94s 99c already includes the bonus amount. As Kuulei stated above, the wording is confusing and the text really should read:
    You loot 15 Platinum, 9 Gold, 94 Silver, 99 Copper from the Kierax's treasure which includes a 1 Platinum, 96 Gold, 94 Silver, 99 Copper bonus!"
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I see where its confusing.

If you are solo, not grouped with a player or mercenary, then you see a phrase such as:
    You loot 86 Gold, 24 Silver, 99 Copper from the Treasure Chest of Aracanocht. You receive an additional 11 Gold, 24 Silver, 99 Copper bonus!
    However we all know that advanced solo award 75 gold pieces from the solo chests off non-boss named. So the bonus of 11 gold, 24 silver, 99 copper is included in the portion that is underlined above because the non-gold member amount is 75 gold, add that additional amount and it will indeed equal the 86 gold, 24 silver, 99 copper.

If you are in a group with either another player or your merc (in the case below, it was with a mercenary) there is a twist on the sentencing:
    Your share of 10 plat 8 gold from Kierax's Treasure is 11 plat 59 gold 19 silver 99 copper You receive an additional 1 plat 51 gold 19 silver 99 copper bonus. As you can see the bonus is included in the underlined portion

They just need to reword it as I stated before to: You receive Which includes an additional 1 plat 51 gold 19 silver 99 copper bonus

Doing the rewording would help alleviate the confusion.:D
  14. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Its been explained already and you come up with the same logic-error again? Your numbers are absolutely fine. You are misunderstanding their phrase. It says you looted 15 Platinum, 9 Gold, 94 Silver, 99 Copper. The bonusmoney 1p 96g is already in that sum.
  15. Svenone Well-Known Member

The messages used to be:

You loot X from the corpse of a MOB.
    You receive an additional Y bonus!

The message is now something like:

Your share of X from the corpse of MOB is X+Y.
    You receive an additional Y Gold bonus!

It tells you what the unmodified amount is (X), and the amount you got, which is the unmodified amount plus the bonus amount (X+Y). It then, rather redundantly IMO, tells you how much you received as a bonus (Y). You do not get the first lines amount (X+Y) plus the bonus from the second line (Y)...the bonus is already included. Another way to say the second line would be "Of the X+Y that you received, Y was a bonus."

Also, you must be a gold member in good standing to get the bonus, and make sure you have cast the buff! It is a persistent buff, but respecing will strip it like all of your other buffs.

Probably as clear as so much mud, but there you go.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

Change it to:

You loot 86 Gold, 24 Silver, 99 Copper from the Treasure Chest of Aracanocht. This includes a membership coin bonus of 11 Gold, 24 Silver, 99 Copper!
    Finora, Mysstie and Avianna like this.
  17. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Well, glad I found this thread. They really need to change that message. Made those screenshots for nothing LOL.
  18. Forestchild Well-Known Member

works for me fine. I see in the chat box, where I loot bodies, and it gives coin and an additional coin.