Go back to normal server if you want perks

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pencari, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Breta Well-Known Member

Don't act so surprised, only total ignorant didn't see that coming. Vitality pots are huge many grab, DBG would be stupid not to offer them. Like it or not this game has to be profitable in order to survive.
  2. trixster Active Member

LOL. I for the life of me had not clue what vit pots did until i read this. I swear people crying about Vit pots need to get a job. If you work 40 hours a week you might build up vit. If you can afford to play the game 10 hours a day then you really dont need it right because you are level capped already.
    I worked 36 hours in the first 3 days the vit i built up took a good long while to burn off. Damn I wish i had pots to double that.
    Raff and Dread1313 like this.
  3. Dread1313 Active Member

ORLY?

They aren't "pushing" anything at you. Geez, where do you guys come up with this stuff?

I mean if they were "pushing" anything at you you would be bombarded with ads all the time "NEW VITALITY POTS ON THE STORE NOW, GET EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT!"..

But they didnt do that did they? know why?

Two reasons:

They have more class than to take a business strategy like that and

They knew a very vocal minority of you would gripe about it and throw a fit about it, like you are now...

Self entitlement much?

Stop overexaggerating about crap and stop whining about some harmless vitality pots they put on the store.
    The sky isnt falling and it isnt the end of the world as we know it. Get over it and move on.

First it was Smedley now its this. Im gonna stop referencing this game as EQ2 and start referencing it as "The National Enquirer" because all it seems is that a lot of you just wanna keep a scandal going.

I realize a lot of you have been with EQ2 through thick and thin, my account('s) are 7, 8, and 11 years old too. Big whoop! You think anythin I do or say is gonna stop DBG from changing their market strategy at MY whim? Wake up and smell the coffee, the world doesnt revolve around you.

I respect you for being with the game this long, but I cant respect all this non-stop negativity about a simple item they added into the store.

Griping about the harvest depot was understandable, but this doesnt hurt you at all. Get a grip!
  4. Dread1313 Active Member

If they forcefully were fleecing money out of your back pocket i could see your statement holding water, but no one is forcing you to buy anything. Enough with this sillyness,,,
  5. Dread1313 Active Member

If players were able to legitimately get to 50 in a week (im still calling BS on that, but thats another discussion for another time and place) then what difference do you think some $8 vitality pots are gonna make? Theyll be able to make 50 in 6 days? LOL!
  6. Aaramis New Member

Honestly, the only thing I miss from the live servers is the AA gain, for 2 reasons:
    1 - I levelled a character before AA hit (vanilla EQ2) and another after AA came in. When both hit level cap, the difference in AAs (even with mentoring, chrono'ing, etc.) was massive. A good 20-30+ AA difference. I don't look forward to that again with a capped character with 0 AAs....

2 - AAs, as much as some people dislike them, do really fix a lot of vanilla EQ2 class shortcomings.

That's about all I miss, though. I don't need the cosmetic stuff, the thousands of mounts, the ability to fly, and so on. I just miss the AAs - at least the first 2 tabs (before Shadows, Dragon, Prestige, etc. when it all started to get a bit too much).
    Dread1313 likes this.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Don't go there...that would likely require paying $39.99 for each expansion unlocked.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

Who need vit pots anyway? Get a job, roll an alt or 4..lol
    Dread1313 likes this.
  9. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

My suggestion would be to start opening up a limited version of /claim as time goes by on the server. For each expansion which is unlocked, players on the server would gain access to an additional year worth of claim. When the first expansion is opened for example - players would open up a /claim for the 3m/6m/1 year items they would have been entitled too.

1 year per expansion is a generic simplification of the how often expansions came out and could obviously be adjusted as required. Would that make those wanting their rewards happier or do they want them all immediately?
  10. MaxtheGrape New Member

I agree, the game needs to make a Profit but instead of shilling this crap on us and ruining the classic experience.

They could just make some kind of subscription plan where I pay them 15 a month to ONLY have access to the Timelock Servers of EQ2 (Since I and alot of other people can give a Ratongas *** about the other games being offered on All Access.).

There you go, money problem solved and you can stop shilling garbage at us with the excuse of "I need a paycheck man, Im dieing of hunger please buy my xp potions or we're gonna have to eat the dog."
    Rozyn likes this.
  11. Antisocial Member

They should add a Veteran Key to the TLE Marketplace to unlock vet rewards. After all, using good old Daybreak Cash is just plain F.U.N.
  12. Kendayar Active Member

well with that logic you don't get to win because i beat you to it and even when you do get 50, you don't get free prismatics.
  13. Breta Well-Known Member

How exactly is couple of people leveling slightly faster going to ruin your classic experience?
  14. Adevil Well-Known Member

If they did that I would also fully expect them to charge for each expansion upon release, too. You know...NOSTALGIA!!!!
  15. Mesander Member

As much as I hate to admit it...I finally just said "screw it...I am going back to live." They are going to screw up the TLE anyway. Might as well return to live and enjoy the fact that I have been gone for a long time and enjoy my old hobby and tolerate all of the "live" server issues that I don't like. But yes...to the party who is anti-xp/vit pots, etc...I totally agree with you. Why didn't they just enable vet rewards from the beginning? Instead you require a sub and then charge people to buy them? Seriously? That's almost laughable.

Hey I know...let's get everyone both new and old excited and then 2 weeks into it...lets run over them with a truck. Good grief people. Get a clue!

I wish you guys the best of luck on the TLE. I think my journey with it ends here.
    Stubbadub likes this.
  16. MaxtheGrape New Member

Well, Everquest Vanilla didint have XP Potions. People had to put in the same effort as everyone else. I know this server will never be truly Vanilla and I can tolerate the cosmetics. But these XP Potions being added is a bad omen.

And if that makes me a Superstitious Communist than so be it.
  17. Kendayar Active Member

well people that still played live after SF would probably play anything DBG makes
  18. Breta Well-Known Member

So many things got changed over the years, that xp pots are just a drop in the ocean. For instance I wonder why nobody is obsessing over DPS mod being widely accessible and thus getting balance between auto attack and spell dmg out of whack.
  19. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

People demanded that these servers become a reality. People were also willing to forego a whole bunch of stuff as a compromise with SOE/DGC so that this could happen. These were never going to be classic EQ2, especially so since the business model that propels the game is now based on subscriptions and micro-transactions. It is silly to think that the "nickel and dime'ing" wasn't going to persist. It's part of why the game is still alive and breathing. These servers will also help keep the game on life support.

Play it your way. Pay or don't. Just don't bot because that's for losers.
  20. Veems Member

In that theory, you may as well bot. It's more subscriptions to keep the game that was still running prior to tle on "life support".
    Mizgamer62 likes this.