GM spell combines

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Memuvil, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

Mentoring only effects adventure level.
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

That doesn't make any sense. Any 40+ crafter should craft better/faster than a 20-ish crafter because your counters are actually more powerful. You can actually finish (consistently) any combine 1 tick faster than that 20 or even 30 crafter because of the improvement.

And 95-100 recipes actually take less progress. Well, the handcrafted, non-spell recipes at least. Before a 20's crafter can finish filling the first bar your done making most 95+ recipes.
  3. Arrk Member

Unless I'm mistaken, that is the point of this thread. Someone with an adventuring level of 22 and tradeskill of level 100 makes things faster than a higher level adventurer?

I have observed that my level 90 warlock (heroic character) has refresh times on tradeskill actions when crafting than other people, so I guess the AAs help with that. He also seems to succeed more than someone of comparable tradeskill level (mid 50s currently) than someone with a lower level of adventuring. But I have no hard data on any of this.
  4. Sambril Well-Known Member

When crafting I remove any adventuring gear and just wear the crafting stuff. Sure a lot of it is out-dated with tiny buffs that make no real difference, but I do it mainly to reduce my power pool - or more specifically to improve the ratio of my power pool to my regen rate. (Well that's the reason for removing the adventure gear, I put on stuff like the Far Seas crafting armor simply because I have it :)) The tradeskill arts that use power don't use a fixed amount, they use a % of your power total, so improving your regen relative to your power total helps to keep your power up. Of course regen buffs also help with this.

I know that I can complete a level 99 writ on my level 100 SK/100 Weaponsmith in about the same time as my level 42 Pally/100 Tailor (about 90 sec). And of course this is a lot faster than I can do it on a lower Tradeskill level.
  5. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Meirrell, not sure what to tell you, but the speed is incredible for level 22 crafters... my level 20 is not near as fast , my level 39 is not near as fast, but ALL of my level 22's are like lightning fast to craft on :)
    I'll take it... not sure why it is, but I'll enjoy it.