Giving my main an alts house layout

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Avahlynn, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Is there an easy way to take Alt A's home layout which I love but hardly use, and move its contents to my main's house (same floorplan of course). I know I can pack all the stuff in the alts moving box, but am I going to have to move each item in my packs to the other charas house? Or can one character on an account send a moving box to another character on the same account?
    Merriel likes this.
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Not that I know of, but if that can be done, I would like to know as well. :p:)
    Avahlynn and Merriel like this.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I would love an option to move house contents to an alt's house or be able to pick up a full moving crate and place it into another house regardless of owning the house with alt or same character (so if you have trustee to a couple houses of a client move their moving crate from one house to another). Could even be a tinkered recipe or something to make a moving crate that you equip in a regular inventory slot that allows you to right click on a house moving crate and fill the one in your inventory but has the capacity to hold the largest guild hall item count with expander. This would let you place it down even if the house currently has a moving crate. You could then pick it back up with items in it when you have finished decorating.
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I'd loaded one of my breakout layouts into an alts house, that is how I came up with Kittaene's Waterfront Getaways (it's on AB, Hall of Fame). I liked what I had working in Kittybock's Magical Waterfront Getaways, which I'd never published. I loaded the layout, but did not move contents. Basically, I just dropped building blocks on the floor, huge mess. Load and Boom! I ended up changing a lot of it out, later.

Another option, to add to Ocarinah's suggestion: Since we can load a layout, as long as same house type, perhaps they could generate an Inventory or Build List of what we need to complete that build? Hmm, that would be an amazing option, when we tour homes, as well. Click a button and get a Build List?
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

If they made a tinkered recipe moving crate, they could also make it so that you could not put character specific items into it such as No Trade or Heirloom quest and collection rewards, so that you can't move those specific items to the new house. The person who owns the house would then need to provide those specific items themselves, while still saving much time by being able to load the copied layout. If they wanted to load the layout with those character specific items, they would need to change the UID for any character specific items to their own character specific items prior to loading the layout for it to work properly.

This is all assuming it's even possible for them to implement such a thing without too much complication. It would need to be extensively tested before being made live, which they haven't been very good about doing with new content as of late.

Of course, if this was implemented, then people could plan ahead, decorating without character specific items with this tinkered moving crate in mind, and then leave the character specific details for the owner to add into the layout later on, after the layout has been loaded.
    Prissetta and Avahlynn like this.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

There is such a thing if you use the Layout Editor...There is a button called "Manifest" which will give you a list of items, Item Id, and the count needed of each item. You can sort the list too. I used this when Raainy was extremely nice and allowed me to save the layout to her contest winning house so I could recreate on AB. You can export as well, I was able to export and print the list so when city festivals came along I had a printout to check to see how many more of each item I needed.
    iisbliss, Kuulei, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Ahh, interesting. I'd done a DL of the editor long ago, but have always preferred to use the game provided tools. Nothing wrong with others using it, folks produce amazing things that way. But, if a new player or guildie asks me for help, I can explain it easier if we are doing it the same way. I've always used the standard UI for same reason. I am tech savvy, but I am a sucker for helping folks :D
    Merriel likes this.
  8. Edelphia Well-Known Member

The layout editor has a manifest option that will create an list for you that you can import into excel. I use that all the time
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

If you are moving all the items in that layout to another house with the same lay out could you not simply load that layout for that house and it load in the new house with the same floor plan? Did that make sense?

If not, and you have all the items from that layout moved to the new house, the manifest option would work and you'd already have all the items you needed. Not that knowledgeable with the layout editor yet, just thinking out loud. I'll have to try that with a couple of houses I have and see if it works.