Give Me Some Clothes!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by redwoodtreesprite, Jul 14, 2015.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

No AC would be fine, but PLEASE, let me start with something more than my undies!

Can't even buy a cheap robe either, no cloth armor for sale at vendor. I am a woman, and this is really making me mad!
  2. Darksavanna Active Member

Welcome to the world people are asking for.
  3. Hoolig4n New Member

You can buy the entire set from a vendor. He should be close to the starting area. I noticed this yesterday and found my entire set on him/her.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Go and gather roots (if you are a mage), dens (if you are a monk, bruiser, fury, or warden), or hard ore (if you are a tank or scout, templar, inquisitor, shaman or defiler). Gather ALL the things as well, until you have maybe 50 of each.

Somewhere nearby there is a tradeskill society and they have a crafting tutorial. Do it, it's just a few quests. Then you can craft yourself a basic set of gear.
    Jaden likes this.
  5. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

And get killed when crafting eh? I hear that got put in. But yeah, I ran to New Halas and got some clothes. Prob is, I also went up a full level going there from location dings, but ah well...

There was no armor for my class sold at vendors before New Halas. All I want is to be able to start with some clothes, even if they are 0 AC.
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

Didn't we start out with some clothes back in the old days? At least a pair of pants and shirt (or robe) and some shoes. And a weapon of some kind...

Meh. I'll start naked. Naked and afraid... lol
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  7. Caith Developer

Nope, you started without even a tiny dagger to protect your virtue, you had to earn everything you had!
    Rhodris and Mystfit like this.
  8. Foretold Well-Known Member

Well, its been 11 years, so I'm not surprised that my swiss cheese brain failed on that memory :D
  9. DefinitelyMod New Member

Technically you started with absolutely nothing, but by the time you actually got The Isle of Refuge you did have a wooden club because you had to use it to bash rats on the boat :D
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I remember arriving at the dock in a ragged old dress and having to pick a weapon from the weapon rack on the beach to go and kill sapswill goblins.....
  11. Kendayar Active Member

I remember being able to betray my city but hey we all can't get what we want.
  12. LizardKing Member

At the general goods merchant where you start at you can buy a complete set of the level 1 clothing for 1cp