Gifting a Prestige House

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Brunhild, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Brunhild Member

Is there a way to give a prestige house to a character not on your account. Some people who have been playing for a few years have the housing that was awarded to them for buying expansions. These are houses that are not available on the Marketplace. If someone has one of these unavailable houses, would it be possible to give it to a character on someone else's account?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Traesta Member

Unfortunately it is not possible to gift someone one the houses from the collector editions (You can gift the ones that are on the market place).

I know several of us have asked if the houses from the past collector editions could be added to the marketplace but so far they have not been.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Brunhild like this.
  3. Brunhild Member

Thank you for the reply. I think that once the latest expansion has gone live, all other houses from past expansions should be available on the marketplace.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Traesta like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, absolutely me too. :)

Or if The Powers are squeamish about that, they could always do what they did back in the day re: the access to zones: wait out an expansion or so, then make them available. ;->

Of course, I always thought they should do an a la carte option alongside the Collector's Editions, in the Marketplace, but that's just me (I think the main beef that folks had with AoD was that there weren't any new zones to "discover"; I did like their a la carte idea via the Marketplace for that, complete with its own separate tab!)...like:

Collector's Edition: $69.99
    Standard Edition: $34.99; a difference of $35, which could be easily made up by:

A La Carte Options (note: these are only really, really rough suggestions, and not including the Member discount):
    Mount: $13.75 (slightly above average price between the lowest prices on the Marketplace at 750 DBC and the highest at 1,950)
    Mercenary: $9.95
    Familiar: $10.95
    Prestige Home: $13.50 (again, rough/high average between the lowest and highest prices, and giftable)
    Furniture Recipes Book: $7.75 (if you're willing to wait a year or so, it's only $5.00 ;->)
    House Item Painting: $4.00 (more expensive than any other painting on the Marketplace, but this is for the latest/greatest expansion! :D)
    Teleporter: (not sure what to price this at, since I'm not seeing anything comparable to it on the Marketplace? maybe make it only available through getting the Collector's Edition?)
    Familiar Training Potion: (ditto)
    Overseer [whatever]: (ditto)
    Level Boost Token, Adventurer: $25.00 (I know, I know, o Powers, it's less than getting a Token ordinarily, but this one would ONLY be applicable for the expac in question; I leave it up to you how that'd be implemented)

(and Powers? PLEASE BRING THIS BACK IN AN AFFORDABLE EDITION PACKAGE, THAT WE CAN USE [or is it usable by us and just tradeable as well? I know I upset some PoP apple carts, but don't make everyone else suffer because of me :-/])
    Level Boost Token, Tradeskill: $25.00 (see above)

This way, even if all folks can afford at one go is the Standard Edition, there may be things they want in addition either right then and there that wouldn't be breaking the bank for them to get the way a Collector's Edition would (though thanks for reducing that price, o Powers! :D), or they could save up to get later, but would still put more money in the coffers for DBG than just the SE alone. ;->

And if you got everything on the A La Carte List that way, even without my lack of knowledge of comparable prices (or, again, it could be stuff only available via the CE), it would be way cheaper for you to get the Collector's Edition and everything all at once, but at least this way, we'd have more options. :)

Example: a Mount, a Prestige House, and that year's Recipe Books: $35, which, in addition to getting the Standard Edition, is the same that someone would pay for the Collector's Edition. :)

Uwk
    Edelphia, Twyla, Brunhild and 2 others like this.
  5. Edelphia Well-Known Member

They could also add these older expansion houses (maybe ones over 5 years old) on the loyalty merchant. I mean they put the mistmoore on there and that was supposed to be just a vet reward. What a way to make the vets feel special.......
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The Deep Retreat one to. I want more of my accounts to have that.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I got my Mistmoores for the Hordelings that way, being a 7+ year Vet, and don't have any issues whatsoever with other folks being able to get them now. :)

Uwk
    Brunhild and Geroblue like this.