Getting started with BGs

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-Aundriele, Aug 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Aundriele Guest

I just came back to EQ 2 after a loooong absence. My boyfriend (who is new to EQ entirely) and I have done PvP on other games and would really like to PvP here as well, but we haven't actually been able to get into any BGs. I finally figured out we need to zone into Champion's Respite before we queue....at least, I think we do. But, we queue up - it will say a 5 minute wait - and....nothing ever happens. We just wait and wait and wait.
    I doubt it's that we're missing the summons because it seems highly unlikely that BOTH of us would miss it every time, unless there is an option we need to change or something. We are both in our mid-40's and as far as I can tell, should be high enough to PvP. We ARE on AB (because we RP too), so I don't know if that makes a difference, but I suspect all the servers are pooled together for BGs. Maybe just not enough people under 90 do BGs?
    Also - do we HAVE to stay in Champion's Respite to wait for the queue? It seems incredibly annoying to have to sit there for eternity doing nothing but staring at the screen waiting for a summons to pop up. Especialy when it never comes!
    Help please! We really want to PvP!
  2. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

Been a long time since I've attempted a BG, but it seems like BGs are a thing of the past and dead dead dead. Use to be able to get into one in 10 seconds, but now it takes a life time.
  3. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

BG's are very popular at these level ranges

30-39
    80-89

Everything else is pretty dead.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

BG's is not PvP if you want PvP roll on Naggy you will find PvP there or it will find you either way it will happen once you get out of the starting zones.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Kimber@Nagafen wrote:
    BGs are PvP, even frozen tundra is to some extent although that one is pretty borderline.
  6. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

BGs are not PvP
    What happens in BG's?
    Iif you lose or die in BGs nothing. You still get tokens right.
    What happens if you win you get more tokens

Everyone is happy cause we all get tokens.

What happens on Naggy.

Head out to Thundering Steps to harvest up some rares to get your lv 22 MC gear. Clicking on dens bushes and other nodes when all the sudden you start taking damage. You turn around and start fighting or run.

If you lose you have a chance at dropping a tresured item from your inventory and up to 2/3 of the money you have on you at that point and you lose some status. You get nothing but a revive screen.

If you win you possably get a tresured item from thier inventory 2/3 of the cash they had on them and if you remember to have one up at the time a writ update plus some status.

If you run and get away noone gets anything at all. Other than you might get a chuckle if you have evac and lead them out into the middle of nowhere and hit it.

That is PvP.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Kimber@Nagafen wrote:
    No, that is simply how you prefer to play PVP.
    PVP is Player vs Player, simple as that.
    BGs are indeed PVP, the rewards and penalities are not what makes PVP what it is..
    You are confusing structured PVP (BGs) to Open World PVP (Naggy).
    Other than that they are both PVP
  8. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

w/e

BG's is not PvP

You are correct in that PvP is Player v's Player
    However it is just that with no PvE element in it.
    Hold the Relic if one team never picks up the relic even if they kill the other team if teams are evenly match the team that does not pick it up will lose due to the points acumulated by holding the relic

Capture the Flag again even matched teams the team that grabs the flag will beat the team that ignores them

Smugglers Den if one team never gets a tower even if they kill the other team over and over the team with the towers wins

Frozen tundra hmm lets see beat on PvE mobs to win

All PvE mechanics to win a "" PvP "" game............
    BG's are not PvP

/thread
  9. ARCHIVED-Brook Guest

Naggy WAS pvp, that element is all but gone.
    PVP now consist of a 64 pally sitting on a warfield tower in EL being caught by a 56 ranger and taking off on his grif before he is killed. That is pvp on Naggy.
    BG's are at least fairly consistent with the exception of tundra, which imo was one of the most idiotic things I have seen added to them. Stat consolidation hurt BG's a good bit, but low level carnage flagged zones and flying/leaping/gliding mounts have really deteriorated the pvp experiance on Nag.