Getting Both CPU & GPU Shadows

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Riggsville, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Riggsville New Member

Started game today and spending quite a bit of time getting settings just right
    Tried CPU shadows - looked good
    Then tried GPU - nice
    switched between the 2 a couple times to compare but now i have both running at the same time - 2 shadows for everything is a little too much
    clicked no shadows then back to GPU but still got both - tried the other way around
    logged out and in same problem
    restarted computer then game with same problem
    how do i clear this?
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

It sounds like you might have somehow gotten torch shadows turned on.

There are check boxes for torch shadows with both the GPU & CPU shadows, uncheck those boxes & you should only see the one set (whichever one you prefer). GPU one is called point light shadows, CPU is CPU torch shadows.

You will have to make sure you have hit the advanced options (button in the upper right) to see all the options you have for shadows though.
  3. Riggsville New Member

thank-you
    that does seem to be it
    i was convinced it could not be "torches" since i was getting the 2 shadows in broad daylight, well out in the open
    weird
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

You have a personal torch. I forget what the default to toggle it on and off is, but it functions as if your character is carrying a light when it is on. Time of day doesn't matter for that one.
    Shmogre likes this.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Following up on what Finora said: lamp toggle is alt-L [really, really handy to use when you are in a snowy zone :^) ].
    Finora likes this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Couldn't remember if I'd remapped it or not. Thanks Shmorgre!
    Shmogre likes this.