Generic sign plates.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cusashorn, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I would like to see a crafted sign plate added into the game. One that doesn't have a theme. One that isn't some sign post hanging from a bar or a streetlamp. One that isn't made out of velium and stones. One that isn't decorated with tinkered rivets or hearts or candy canes. One that isn't a rough-hewn splintery piece of wood. One that isn't some decrepit weathered street sign adorned with skulls the likes of which you would find in the gothic Somborn Village in Loping Plains.

The closest this game has to something that isn't specifically themed is the Freeport Sign, but that's a magic mouth, and not a sign plate.

Any chance a more neutral-themed sign plate can be crafted by carpenters? No needing to wait for a holiday to get the recipe or throw off the theme of your house.
    Geroblue and Momo like this.
  2. Momo Well-Known Member

The carpenter - crafted Freeport Sign is just a plate you hover over, no magic mouth. I use it in my library, to put content's descriptions on the book shelves. For that use it is even nice that its so long and narrow and can be resized quite small. For other uses I have another one thats rather plain (sorry, have to log in and check wich one that was exactly, will add here later). I have a feeling its a Tinkerfest one but I need to check. Almost sqare, a pale golden color, no ornaments or such.

Anyways I strongly support this plea! For most day-to-day uses, where you just need a simple one without a strong theme, those are the only ones I could find. Pretty please?

Edit: HA! Since changing region between EU and US was fixed (THANKS AGAIN!!) I could look fast enough to even edit this post :)
    Yes, its from Tinkerfest. "Gnomish Sign Plate", not craftable but merchant bought (10 cogs).
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Tinkerfest sign is still themed, which is why I don't want to use it. Lera's EQ2furniture site mentions nothing about a Freeport Sign that is crafted and doesn't have a magic mouth.
  4. Momo Well-Known Member

Yes you are right, it is. Its just the most subtle one. A generic one would be much preferable.
    And concerning the FP sign, just give it a try. Those arent talking back at you, promise :)

[IMG]
  5. Momo Well-Known Member

I only started changing them for the Tinkerfest one because those go better with the shelves... I used to live in Halas before and had dark brown bookshelves, those where fine with the FP ones. One of a hundred or so decorating tasks that are finished only halfways :D

[IMG]
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

OH, the rough-hewn splintery piece of wood I mentioned in my post.
  7. Denmum Developer

Can you get this over into the Homeshow wishlists so I don't lose track of it? I troll through those when I'm looking for things to ask of the art team.
    Kethryl, Breanna, Momo and 1 other person like this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Will do, thank you!
  9. Momo Well-Known Member

Woot!! Getting hopes up :)