Gearing up at lvl 100

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Zagel, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Zagel New Member

Recently returned to the game after a couple of years absence, last played around DoV and I am currently confused about where to get the end game gear.

I have completed the Signature questline so I am in lvl 95 legendary gear, but looking to find the next step,

I think the progression is this but please correct where wrong.

Signature/Quest gear, Solo instances (the gear from these seems to be the same)
    Advanced solo's - yellow gemmed gear? only ran one Advanced solo so far and only got adornments as a reward
    Heroic Dungeons - this the same gear as advanced solo or better?
    then I assume raid etc

What gear drops from the event instances?
    When looking at the reward chest for advanced solos I only see the chest piece, where do the other bits come from?
    Once I have the chest piece why should I run advanced solos?

If I was to queue for a Dungeon group are there minimum stats that people would look for ? Would I have enough from quested gear or should I wait until all gemmed up?

Thanks for the help, a
  2. Wurm Well-Known Member

You ran the advance solo zone all the way until the end and only received adorns? The last named mob drops the box with the gear in it. And it can be any piece of armor depending on the zone.

You also need to pick up the quest(s) for the AS zone(s) either at the hub in Tranquil Sea or the hub in Phantom Sea for an extra chance at a piece(s) of yellow gem armor, the BP you were talking about. Every zone has daily quests and one zone a day has 2. There is also a weekly AS zone quest that makes you run two AS zones for another chance at a reward and more ferrin.

If you only received adorns you didn't finish the zone.

Heroics give blue or green gem gear depending on how hard the zone is. (green > blue)

You can get an item at the tower at the hub in Phantom Sea from the lady NPC on the left that converts unwanted / unneeded armor pieces into shards. with a certain amount of shards you can buy the piece of armor you want from the same NPC.

Welcome back!
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Your next step is definitely to do the Advanced Solos and get yellow gem gear. If you didn't get an armor piece can you verify that you were on the quest? You can do all 6 adv solo zones every day. If you keep getting the wrong armor pieces, you can melt them down into yellow shards to buy the piece you want. It doesn't take long to get a full set of yellow gem gear.

Also focus your attention on overland names as they drop jewelry.
  4. Zagel New Member

I will have to look again tonight to see if it got put into my bags and I couldn't find it but I got the quest completion and remember accepting it. I have the greed/accept loot option on and wondered if that affected getting the box, but I did have a few more adornments in my bags than I had before, in addition to the one from the Captain kill when I opened his loot box.

I have killed a few named mobs around the zones and got a few loot pieces from them, I was going to/may have sold them as I didn't have any use for the bits. I should keep these and use the break down tool to get the yellow shards I see to buy gear, didn't realise that.

Haven't got any jewellery from the overlands yet but will keep trying.

Thanks for the help, so keep running the Adv Solo get the gear, melt it down if not needed and buy the gear using the yellow shards I get from melting it down. Then get the malice gems to upgrade that gear. Ok not as bad as I thought.

Any other tips?
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Buy the quest reward gear you want for plat to give you a good start. Same NPC.

Look at both the Handcrafted and Mastercrafted gear, both are really nice this time around.
  6. Zagel New Member

Definitely didnt get a chest piece from the first, tried to complete Hidden Caldera but the last boss was too much for me, having trouble judging the stacks with the standard UI which was a shame as it had 2 quests linked to it today.

The items i can buy with plat from the vendor are the same as the quest rewards and currently happy with the items i have in each slot. I assume its better to have a mix of items rather than a full suit of the same type due to the way the stats are spread out.

Though not too sure which one suit to go for if I should choose one set for soloing as a dps
  7. EvilDIE Member

Having same problems, so I feel your pain... someone in chat earlier said those armor crates ONLY drop from Heroic instances NOT Advanced Solo or Solo ones. went through all the bosses in Broken Bildge Advance Solo only got Ferrin lol. The only way i see it is just grind till you get tons of plat and just buy the darn stuff until good enough geared to do the Heroics, ETC.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

I use the default UI as far as enemy targeting and I was able to see a tiny number on top of the buff he gets, but if you can't, you could just go for 2/3 and 1/3. Fight him standing on the rim of the lava with him in the lava til you get him to about 65%. Kite him around the flat open area for a minute or so. Then get him back to the lava and down to 33% and do the same thing. Bring him back to the lava and finish him off.

Not sure why people aren't getting Yellow gem gear from Advanced Solos.
  9. Zagel New Member

I have played a lot more Advance Solo's.

The quests rarely give armour, most often they give adornments. There is a loot chest from the boss that can give armour, jewellery, weapons.

I have geared up mainly from killing overland names and breaking down armour gained from them for the yellow shards to purchase the armour I want.

Yellow gemmed gear is available from solo's it just doesn't drop often and its easier to get from names.

Not sure where to get the higher tier gear now though, are dungeons possible to do with Pickup groups? they seem a little more technical than previous.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

The dungeons are pretty tough. While I'm looking forward to Cross-Server Dungeon Finder, I'm not sure that any of the current heroic instances will be good candidates for it. Even Zavith'loa #1 has 2 mobs that require watching casting bars and the final named pretty much requires an ACT trigger. Ironically the second Zavith'loa zone has less specific requirements.