Gear Up, Swag It Up 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Sep 26, 2023.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Introducing the Gear Up, Swag It Up 2023 event, where you earn swag just for completing daily missions in Renewal of Ro! Spend your swag on buff items, tradeskilling, bonus prestige, or some nifty weapons!
    Read on for the details!
    • Swag Daya Brackins <Swag It Out Merchant> will only be available during the event and swagbags cannot be traded in once the event has ended.
      • Zone lockout resets any zone lockout.
        • Each zone lockout can only be reset once every 10 days.
      • Swag Shield [Solo]: Buffs character for a single Renewal of Ro solo dungeon run.
        • Will not persist through logout or zoning.
      • Swag Shield [Heroic]: Buffs a character to do extra percentage damage to any non-boss encounter in a Renewal of Ro heroic zone.
        • Will not trigger if you are engaged with anything flagged as a boss or named monster.
        • Will not persist through logout or zoning.
      • Swag Pudding: Tradeskill progress potion.
        • Applies Swagging Progress for 10 minutes when activated.
        • Increases progress by 500.
      • Bonus Prestige Point
        • Grants a Bonus Prestige Point to your account, up to a maximum of 20.
      • Desert Parched weaponry
    • Everything, including the swag currency is limited time, so it cannot be stored up to be used next event, with the exception of the Desert Parched weapons.
    • Everything included in this is no-trade, with the exception of the Desert Parched weapons.
    On top of the items in the merchant, we’ve also got the following:
    • From September 26 at 12:01am PDT to October 9 at 11:59pm PDT we have Double Loot Drops
    • From October 10 at 12:01am PDT to October 16 at 11:59pm PDT we have Mount Training Drops
    • From October 17 at 12:01am PDT – October 23 at 11:59pm PDT Spell Research Drops
    Get in game today so you can grab your swag and prepare your character for success! The next expansion is just right around the corner, don’t waste any time! This event will run from now until October 23, 2023 at 11:59pm PDT.

Join us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
    Feara, Jaden, Peredhel and 2 others like this.
  2. Evilary Well-Known Member

I'm not complaining but curious. What is the use for the Swag pudding. The researchers and the D.I.R.T.Y daily only take a few minutes to complete. The harvesting for these is more time consuming than the crafting side. Since it says it cannot be stored up, I don't see the point in it. I did notice I am getting double drops from the crates on the daily and research reward so that is nice.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Peredhel like this.
  3. Edelphia Well-Known Member

If you have ever done Moonlight Enchantments, or crafting writs to level your guild, You will appreciate the progress potions.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

or some crafting can take 5 minutes or more for one item if you don't get a little speed boost.
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Sweety D Well-Known Member

Question about The Bonus Prestige Point item. Does this mean we can get this 20 times? Or we can only use from Prestige point 1-20. If I have 60 Prestige, can I still use this 20 times to get to 80 Prestige?

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Aggy Active Member

Question, I might be misunderstanding this, but it says the Prestige points are unlocked on account. Does this mean alts can run the solo's to get your main prestige points? Because when I logged into my alt it did not show new points to spend.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

These *should* be equivalent to the twenty 'Bonus Prestige Points' introduced in RoS, used in the right side of the prestige AA tab. They are account wide, and these appear to unlock any one rather than being specific points ala the previous achievement reward system, so it shouldn't even matter how many alts you buy them on, but twenty will still be the limit account wide. [ Edit - including any already earned through achievements, I'm sure.]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Sweety D like this.
  8. Aggy Active Member

That is how I read it to be, but like I said, when I logged into my alt I didn't see any extra points to spend....
  9. Peredhel Active Member

Question: For those of us who don't have 125 ADV chars, but DO have 125 TS chars, are there any things that will be of use to us? It SOUNDS like it, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks :)
    GrunEQ and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Freesia2010 New Member

same here
  11. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

So this is our ethereal event? Not a very good expansion ending :(
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

What? No.

This is the 'Gear Up, Level Up' event under a new name.
  13. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

You can only have up to 20 bonus prestige points. Whether from this, or from the bonus prestige points you have obtained from previous years. If you were already at cap, this will do nothing, because you are at cap.
    If you have 15 from the previous years, you can get 5 from this.
    Jinksie, Schmetterling and Sweety D like this.
  14. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

This sounds like a bug, please report it in Bug Report section. Thank you.
    Schmetterling, Sweety D and Feara like this.
  15. Evilary Well-Known Member

I occasionally use the potions I get from rewards. I don't see how a temporary potion that will leave my bag within 10 days, only able to get on my 125 characters will help with the low level stuff that have the long combines though. Overall I am happy with getting double loot from the crates. I just don't see a temporary potion I have to adventure with to get the items to buy it being a good tradeskill reward.
  16. Sweety D Well-Known Member

Thank you. I forgot there is a difference between "Prestige Points" and "Bonus Prestige Points"
    Twyla and Angeliana like this.
  17. HawkTheSlayer New Member

Hi all, what is the cap for prestige points? is there a place where you can see how many bonus points you have collected, i have a total of 70 is that cap? Thanks
  18. Aggy Active Member

Thank you Angeliana, will do!
    Angeliana likes this.
  19. Taled Well-Known Member

70 is the cap, yes.
  20. Naramee Active Member

I wonder if Troub gets killed a bit more next addon
    Pixistik likes this.