Gear Stats Questions

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Valaran, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Valaran New Member

I wanted to see what stats on gear do you think is most important for tanks working toward raiding? Do you do a lot of reforging? What types of adornments stat boasts do you look to place on items as well? I can look up good examples of characters on EQ2U if anyone can provide those. I am new to raiding and would like to really gear out some characters of mine. I have a Paladin that I'm looking to build as as MT in a raid for the future, and a SK that I'm looking to work toward DPS and perhaps a MA for raids.

Thanks in advance,
    ~Valaran
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

First, you need enough crit chance to always crit 100% of the time vs the mobs you are tanking which will be around 300 - 408cc depending on what your guild pulls. Next you want 600 multi attack. After that I focus on uncontested avoidance which comes mostly from riposte adornments on your neck piece and block chance. Then HP, then aoe auto attack, then physical mit. After that my priorities are flurry (in the form of haste over-cap), and crit bonus. Finally, ability mod, then potency. I ignore accuracy, strike through, strength, and magic mit.

I like to reforge multi attack to HP since it is easy to achieve 600 ma.

Don't forget to check your stats raid buffed and in-combat otherwise you may waste a lot of resources going over cap on things that don't provide much benefit.

That's how I roll; ymmv.