Gear stats are horrible?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by OldRodKS, Mar 17, 2019.

1. OldRodKS Member

I made it to level 10, and worked through the Tradeskill tutorial. Decided I'd make some plate armor with the remaining supplies I had left. Then I saw that the Tin Chainmail coat was worse stats than the tunic my character started with. I don't remember it being that way before.

Now I'm level 13, in Commonlands, and I just now found my first piece of loot that upgrades something I got from the Outpost quests.

Were stats on crafted/dropped gear squashed or something?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I'm currently running around Antonica on my level 15 paladin, and am pretty disappointed with the quest rewards so far. Level 20 quests in Stormhold reward level 10 items, and I'm currently wearing equivalent or better. This is just rubbish.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

LOL, as soon as you make a character leave the island, go find your class trainer and spend a copper to get the no stat class gear. It has teh mitigation you need to make things run more smoothly.
    Its better than gear you can waste your time making anyways. Some results are better than others.

If you have some silver you can go to a tailor/armorer in your respective cities and get some of their no stat gear and be a beast!
    Their painstaking itemization re balance was a sad joke. I thought they actually spent time doing this but no, they ran it through their handy dandy item stat re balance machine for a bunch of gear that really for all intents and purposes sucks gnome balls while we patted them on the back for a job well done.;)

This at least will get some people started, after that your on your own with LOL
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

You all really should have read the patch notes that Siren linked, itemization is different on this server. It is not what people are accustomed too.

[IMG]

Ignore the item quality (treasured, legendary, fabled) and just pay attention to where it dropped. Some areas / dungeons are in different tiers. So the gear is itemized for that tier.
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The point is, there is no incentive for me to complete a level 20 quest that only rewards level 10 items. I'm just not going to bother, it's a waste of my time.

One of these quests is heroic. I'm currently wearing better gear than the reward.

Edit: Note: I'm not talking about dungeon/raid drops - I'm talking about ordinary quest rewards. I'm not looking at the item quality, I'm looking at the stats and the item level.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  7. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

They need to adjust Master crafted in tier two. None of it is better than quest drops-which they stated it would be according to their progression Handcrafted-three tiers of solo, master crafted....

Im not old enough to see tier 3 yet-but Master crafted needs a boost in tiers 1 and 2 to even be even with Solo.
    Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's odd on Nagafen too, of course. On live just before Nagafen launched, I could farm level 15 1H scout and monk weapons down the hill from town in FFS (down by the water with the invading orcs). Now they're 7dps L10 items. I agree about Stormhold, because I've gotten those L10 drops, too. Vermin Snye drops all level 10 meh stuff now, too.

Apparently, poor Caith has had to do so many thousands of item changes (really! check In Testing's Nagafen beta patch notes-- that stuff went live on all the TLs last Saturday March 16th) that his poor eyes are about to go permanently crossed.

I imagine they'll be doing further item sweeps as time goes on. I certainly hope so!
    Cyrrena, Pixistik and Rhodris like this.
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The big problem I'm seeing is that the item levels are not appropriate for where they drop. Level 20 quests rewarding level 10 items, level 18 mobs dropping level 1 items, etc. If items had their levels set to more accurately correlate to where they are obtained it wouldn't be as frustrating.

That being said, I'm fully in support of the idea behind crushing stats down. Numbers have been silly for a long time and are still much higher than launch values for this content. It's the slap dash methodology behind its implementation that makes it not work.
    Armageddoux, Rhodris and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I was dying continually to green con mobs. I finally went into town and paid 60 copper each piece for a full set of cheapo armor that had no stats but better mitigation than anything that I had gotten from a quest or a drop so far. It allowed me to make it to level 15 before I had to start replacing it.
    Jaden, Breanna and Siren like this.
  11. Grayven Member

I'm surprised they haven't crowd-sourced this work by now.
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Agree 100%. Frustrating to the point I've stopped playing on Kaladim because there's no point in having gear 10-15 levels below adventure level.

Also agree re the stat crunch. Very much needed indeed.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

It wasn't that way before. What they're doing now with gear is making me scratch my head in confusion. I can't figure out their thinking processes towards it.

In the old days, there was a gear balance like this: handcrafted<mastercrafted<looted treasured<quested treasured<legendary<quested fabled<fabled<mythical<ethereal.

Mythical and ethereal tags were highly prized and valued, and extremely difficult to acquire (artifact [once per server], or on very rare raid gear). They were not so widely available as now. Most anything you found or quested for was hands down better than anything you could make (very few exceptions, being made later in the game (ie brell's prayer shawl, few charms recipes, maybe a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.) Anything legendary was better than anything treasured. Fabled meant you had definitely been out and about, or had finally made that 1 platinum you saved so hard for that piece.

This is the first expansion, I've seen the reverse to be true...needing twinked out mastercrafted, and nary a treasured item or legendary tag to find. They've been virtually extinct-ed. Fabled is everywhere, and virtually garbage. Mythical tags are a dime a dozen, and not really worth mentioning (I roll my eyes everytime someone else has gotten a Tome...) Ethereal seems to have been relegated to end tier summer events.
    Rhodris likes this.
  14. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

It went common> handcrafted> treasured>mastercrafted>legendary>fabled>mythical. Ethereal didn't exist.
    Jaden, Siren and Rhodris like this.
  15. Phrein New Member

Itemization nerf was really too much and the loot in dungeon is completly broken.
    Its 100% frustating to loot on named and adventuring in dungeon.
    In this state playing to eq2 is no more a pleasure.
    This game is great but this patch have all break .
    For me and my guildies ,we stop eq2 for the moment until it change (or not)
  16. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The stat crunch was a good thing in theory. Back in the classic era you had handcrafted carbonite armor at level 20 only giving +2/+3 to stats at level 20(items scaled up as you leveled), so even after the crunch numbers are still high, but more reasonable than they were on previous TLEs. But yeah, loot levels in dungeons are completely broken from a progression standpoint.
  17. Atan Well-Known Member

Shocking, itemization issues on a TLE server driving people from wanting to play.

I had similar observations yesterday as we did deathist citadel (38-45) zone that all droppsed level 30 treasured, but it was like some very low tier 10 stat level 30 gear that was all aweful and pointless for the group capable of doing the zone.

Similarly, I'm seeing level 50 treasured gear thats better than raid gear.

I'm really not sure why itemization is so hard for them to automate, and this many years into the product they still get it so wrong.

At least itemization isn't an important component of an MMO and they can afford to get it wrong so often.
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

it's still annoying that a lvl 50 dongeon drops lvl 40 gear

no big deal but still annoying
    Siren and Rhodris like this.
  19. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

There is precedent for that, owing back to the scaling itemization from classic, but the itemization script failed to take that into consideration for classic items.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, drops are quite messed up. L20 dungeons on the TL give mostly L10 stuff, a couple whacked out L40 treasured items, and almost no L20 stuff, lol.

A lot of stuff that was L15 (dropping from L14-16 FFS zone mobs) on live before the patch on March 16th has also been nerfed down to L10 with way worse stats on it now.
    Rhodris likes this.