GangsterFist, Need some advices please

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-vios, Nov 19, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-vios Guest

I. I m wondering if a 2 ppl party with a monk, what will you suggest for the priest class to be ?

II. Weapons - DW now has about 3 kinds, fist wrap (slash) , baton (crush), staff (crush) which one will you perfer more ? and why ?

Hope you have time to answer this, and thanks :smileyvery-happy:
  2. ARCHIVED-Santsu Guest

Well im not gtangsta fist but I would recommand a shaman. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-SNeko Guest

Can't say which one is best but I've been duoing with a cleric and it's been going really well. I haven't had the chance to group with either of the other healers so i can't compare though sorry:( I'd guess any of them would work as long as they know what they are doing:)
  4. ARCHIVED-Lebru1 Guest

Grouped with all types i prefer shaman but it really hasnt mattered up to my level yet.(lvl19)
  5. ARCHIVED-GangsterFist Guest

Shaman + monk is a real good combo. Shamans can heal and buff the monk very well. But the kicker is the slows and debuffs that the shammys can do. Haste monk Vs Slow mob = monk gives the mob a beat down.

As far as weapon goes, get the best damage you can for the quickest strike. I am running dual splintering quarter staves dropped off the battle priest in storm hold and firwood batons off the overseer. The batons will be same damage but hit faster next level. I have yet to find any fist wraps worth using, i am sure they exist, but i cannot find them.

Really though, any priest and a monk will make a good combo. You just gotta duo with someone who knows how to play a priest, then you guys should be fine. A lot of times me and my rogue guildmate will group, with no healer and take out some blues and whites (no pluses) and they drop rather quickly. Especially w/ rogues DPS.