Gameplay complaints in bg

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-apwyork, Jul 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-apwyork Guest

Bad enough the scaling for putting char's 30-80 in the same battleground is so completely messed up, but the general instability of the servers themselves is getting worse the longer this weekend goes on. Anyhow...
    We all know it's set up with the simplest form of first come first join for the groups, but that is a total fail method for the smaller group modes. 6 tanks lose every match if there is one healer in the opposing team. 6 priests will always win, no matter what simply because they can heal each other faster than they take damage. It could just be coincidence, but in the 20 or so Gears matches I took a 92 sk into, I had only 2 times that there was a priest in the group, but when I used a 90 priest, there were always 3-4 other priests in the group, every match. We're not looking at a shortage of healers playing the bg's, we're looking at them being placed together for some reason. Maybe I'm just seeing a deeper pattern in the random grouping, but it just jumps right out at me whenever I switch between the two characters for bg's. The issues lessen as the bg's allow for larger groups, but the random placement could be improved on. Since the bg's are across all servers, it wouldn't deter players from doing them if they had to wait a couple extra seconds for the server to match 1 fighter on 1 team to 1 fighter on the other, same for scouts, etc. Then each team starts on a more even footing.
    There's also some serious scaling issues putting everyone 89 and under in one bg, and 90-92 are the only ones in the other. Certainly, the 90-92 split makes sense, but why are all the under 90 thrown into the same battlegrounds? I've taken a 67 paladin into the 24 vs and every time I can get another paladin of lower level alone, I kill them in seconds. I've also had higher level chars kill me in seconds. I can't imagine it being much fun for the casual person to go into one and get killed over and over simply because they have fewer abilities to use on their side.
    Why not take a lesson from Warcraft and make it so that the bg's themselves are level split. 20-29, 30-39, etc. Then there will be less problems of scaling because all the characters start roughly equal.
  2. ARCHIVED-Terrius Guest

apwyork wrote:
    This is how it was prior to the GU, people complained that there wasnt enough activity in some of the ranges and thus agnostic BGs were born.