Game Update 64: Qeynos Rises Official Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-apwyork Guest

Avianna@Butcherblock wrote:
    OMG, I loved the amount of voice-overs they had back at launch. It seemed everyone talked to you instead of scrolling text.
    Back in '04 SOE said there was 130 hours of spoken dialogue and we had a fraction of the zones and instances that exist now.
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Occam wrote:
    Betray, silly :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Ahma Guest

I know a bunch of people have been asking about where the Antonia Bayle housing statue is. Fear not! This should be available on the Marketplace, for free, within the next couple of days. Stay tuned.
  4. ARCHIVED-kcirrot Guest

Qeynos was my favorite city in the game. I loved the Laura Karpman's composition. I loved the Baubleshire. Now the City is a laggy mess on a machine that runs much better looking games. Profoundly disappointed.
  5. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

Weebee wrote:
    I'm having the same issue with Eireneith when she is on the QH dock (doing the level 90 version).
  6. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

Ahma wrote:
    Thank you! :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Rogue4Life Guest

The chains seem to be missing from the South Qeynos drawbridge. They're present on the northern bridge, but absent from the other. Tiny detail, but it looks awkward...
  8. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

I can't give much feedback other than I can hardly play in Qeynos. It the capitol district there were 35 players, and even after lowering my garphics quality a notch I was still getting 1 fps with occasionally jumps to 3fps. Even more rarely I was able to move a brief distance. I know the city will clear out in time, but 35 just doesn't sound like it should be so many to completely bog it down.
    On the good side,
    --'m happy to see the strings of pendants are still in place. Love those things. I've seen them in RL travels in places so they evoke good travel feelings for me. I'm glad the parts of the city that haven't been removed still look close to what it looked before. I did like where you put the collector with his trinkets on the tables. I wish there had been more curious given all the collecting we all do, but its a start. Didn't like the gruff dwarvenish voice of the female human (?) singer on the third floor though. Saw the confrontation between Antonia and her brother whats-his-name and that was pretty nice.
    On the bad side - my two Qeynos based characters miss the Baubbleshire and Willow Wood. Also don't like that there still aren't numbers on the inn doors and the map just lists several locations with the exact same name. To me, the winged horse scraping their wings on the doors on either side as they wander the town just looks silly. But maybe thats just me. Bad lag.
    Can't speak to the quests since doing them with the lag is out of the question for now.
  9. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Rogue4Life wrote:
    They are supposed to be lifted with rainbows, cotton candy, and ponies.
  10. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

Brigh wrote:
    That's why the guards have those flying horses. You should see them rise up in the air during the closing of the drawbridge. Quite a spectacle, and noisy, what with the furious flapping of wings to offset the heavy weight of the drawbridge.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rogue4Life Guest

Hahahaa! At least rainbows and cotton candy would add some color to the city.
    You'd think that a Good aligned city would be less drab. I was kinda disappointed that they didn't liven the place up a little. It looks... cleaner, somehow, but not really any less bland than before.
  12. ARCHIVED-Bekkr Guest

Underwhelming, IMO. Apart from the removal of a whole bunch of flavor content (the 'burbs), and the consolidation of a few zones, I'm not sure I could pick the differences without screenshots for comparison.
    I honestly don't understand the removal of the outlying areas. I didn't get it with the FP revamp (which I really liked, except for that), and I don't get it now.
    C'est la vie.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kapath Guest

Thought the quests were great! Completed for a mage human and fighter barb. Even with my pricey setup i have to turn rendering distance down to keep fps managable though lol.

On a serious note, Critical rage from guard/zerker prestige endline does NOT give +1%CB / 12 potency while in reckless stance. This needs addressing/fix!
  14. ARCHIVED-Hateeternal Guest

I really like the new Qeynos' look.
    This time they did just the right amount of "adding paint here and there". The city has become more beautiful to me.
    Only thing I can't really understand with this is why Qeynos can't be one zone like FP. I mean to get from Harbour to South Q you still have to zone and THIS is exactly the one spot where it would have been really nice and useful to NOT have to zone there, but well.... :)
    What I don't like about the update is the need of SOE to quietly implement things that noone ever asked for (but seems to sound good in their minds...) which will then mess up the rest of the game. Be careful what you implement... I'm not really into programming or something, but isn't there like a rule of thumb that goes like: "For every new feauture you add you'll get like 5 new bugs in your old feautures of which you thought they were safe..." ? If not, there should be. ;)

I didn't have a look at the questlines yet but I guess they're about the same as for FP?
    Anyway, the idea of getting a race-specific aura sounds nice to me.
  15. ARCHIVED-havlar-eq2 Guest

I love you all down there at SOE but....
    I wouldnt be a good player if I did not give you guys feedback on the new update. Please don't take this the wrong way, I mean good and hope you'll consider the changes I recommend.
    1. New Qeynos - After Seeing New Freeport I was in awe of how revamped and refined that city was. After seeing that, I thought for sure Qeynos would be a New Freeport. I'm left feeling like we traded all those nice sub divisions for a reduction in zones and no new changes to those zones except for quests and a few npc's moved around.
    Solution: I really would like to see a new palace (One we could enter), updated buildings new looks, and atleast as BIG as Freeport, something alot like what devs did with Freeport.
    2. Battlegrounds - Gear is great for PVE, why is that. I'm not clear on this much but I think it undermines both PVE content and Crafters, I could be wrong but could you explain what your thoughts were and intentions on that are?
    Solution: Need reply first to understand this.
  16. ARCHIVED-Miss_Jackie Guest

There's 2 achievements missing so far (that I've noticed):
    The tradeskill achievement where you get one for crafting 1,000 items and another one that was at 9,001. (I'm not sure if there are others after this, as I didn't get past 9,001 yet).
    Secondly, the achievement you get for collecting so many dungeon marks.
    Have these been intentionally taken out or is it an oversight?
  17. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

yes, crafting achievement is missing for 9001, "craft til you drop" i had over 5k when that was last time i checked.
    I am still upset for losing my older 10k crafted items from pre-GU13 when they move away from crafting faction halls, i should had that achievement back in 2007/2008 when they introduced achievement list.
    i just dont feel like repeating same task to get back up to 9k again.
  18. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

I would be enjoying the Qeynos update a lot more, if it wasn't for all the regular crash-to-desktops I'm experiencing when zoning.
  19. ARCHIVED-Onuron Guest

So, i noticed with Freeport revamp, you lit up maps for Commonlands and Nektulos, zones that are linked with that side. But same was not done with Antonica and Thundering Steppes, oversight or intentional? I like to do all quests as i level my many toons, this would certainly make things much easier. :) Thanks.
  20. ARCHIVED-NrthnStar5 Guest

Onurissa@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Please add quest overlays to all zones! This would be so nice!