Game gets spell lag during PQs

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ucala, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

So my computer specs are:
    i7-7700k quad processor
    32 GB DDR4-3200 ram
    960 Pro 1TB SSD
    V1000 1000w PSU
    and 1080Ti graphics card.

but for some reason even on just Balanced settings I am getting awful spell lag during PQs or when alot is going on.
    now I know alot is going on, but I figured this type of hardware could easily handle it as most of it is fairly top end
  2. Kheldorm Active Member

No, that hardware makes not one bit of difference for EQ2. It was built to run on 14 year old hardware, and isn't smart enough to take any advantage of anything newer. Try Extreme Performance and hope for the best.
    Though it's probably all those stupid scouts with Daggerstorm... That is why they claim to have nerfed DS anyway, due to lag.
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

As stated above, EQ2 engine was developed when raw clock speed were the thing of the day. EQ2 utilises 1 cores of the cpu with hyperthreading loads distributed on virtual cores. Even if the option that allows the use of multiple cores does not take full advantage of 2 cores properly.

You have a beast of cpu which has the best IPC from the last gen intel i7. Overclock it (seen ~5Ghz clocks on it) and you may see some slight improvement. Combined with a monster 1080Ti, the system would eat most games at 4k without a problem.

Sadly either won't make a difference. Turn your settings to extreme performance in PQs for a playable experience.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

yea it is a steady 4.5Ghz without overclock, I could probably reach 5 with overclock, would think it would help but who knows
  5. Kheldorm Active Member

Go ahead. Try it. It won't make a bit of difference to the actual game performance, but it will make you feel like it made a difference, and that's all that matters.