Game Error - Can't Login - Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-Ryuuza, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Ryuuza Guest

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.
    G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\ClientApp.cpp (3792):
    No game assets found. Please launch game from the patcher.
    0112f2e8

That is the error I am getting. I am launching game from the launcher. Windows 7 - problem started right after new update (07/24/2012). Happens every time. I have validated the files. I have reinstalled the launcher.
    Help?
    Any reply please?
  2. ARCHIVED-Ryuuza Guest

All rights reserved.
    LaunchPad: 4.0.0.602 (13)
    Shell: 5.1.5.0
    Installer: 1.0.3.171
  3. ARCHIVED-Ryuuza Guest

Apparently OWLS were the cause of this error.
    hooluk.vpk to be exact
    deleted file
    game loads now

Never trust an owl
  4. ARCHIVED-MagicalMayham Guest

I got the exact same error and looked for the file mentioned and deleted it but still getting the same error :(
  5. ARCHIVED-Ryuuza Guest

Esme, the only reason I noticed that file is when I went to do a full validation of files it showed up that the file could not be overwritten, maybe if you watch the validation process, you can see if you have a file that shows up too and delete it?
  6. ARCHIVED-Keroywn Guest

I'm having the same issue, and I saw nothing that gave the "cannot be overwritten" when I did the file validation. Anyone figure this out yet?
  7. ARCHIVED-Lamatu Guest

If you get the no game assets found even after validating the install you will most likely have to delete your entire EQ2 folder and renistall.
    Its probably just a file or 2 in the paks folder preventing the game from launching and unless you know which one to delete you may be screwed.
  8. ARCHIVED-Wyndfire Guest

Getting the same issue. I am unable to log into the game. I could not even log in to the forums to post, until I logged into SOE.com first. I was able to log in there, but not directly into the game or everquest2.com. Please help! Thanks!
  9. ARCHIVED-Wyndfire Guest

Sloke@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Ok, I am in game now. took a few more attempts to log in. Hope all is well now!
  10. ARCHIVED-Keroywn Guest

Lamatu wrote:
    I deleted the launcer and reinstalled, so that I didn't lose my UI settings and such, but that didn't do anything. Guess I'll have to do the full delete /sigh.
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Rissu@Crushbone wrote:
    Hello Rissu! Please make sure you have the mosted updated launchpad by downloading it here: EverQuest II launchpad
    If you continue to have issues, then I'd recommend submitting a support ticket to our tech team. Please be sure to include your Dxdiag and Msinfo to expedite the process. (Instructions are in my signature below)