Game Crashes when hiding recipes

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Mikai, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Mikai Member

Title says it all. All I'm doing is hiding recipes (a lot of the low level ones I never use), and it can happen after hiding a single recipe or several dozen. I've gotten it on multiple computers, multiple characters. Game freezes, and will not reload, and I'm forced to force close it.
  2. Calthine Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "hiding" a recipe? Filtering them?
  3. Mikai Member

I mean, right-clicking on a recipe and choosing "Hide Recipe". I suppose perhaps it could be something Profit UI implemented, as I haven't exactly checked against other UIs but I assumed the feature was added by SOE
  4. Mikai Member

I just had my husband check, (using a different UI) and he's got the "Hide Recipe" option too, so I'm figuring at this point, it's an SOE thing.
  5. Calthine Well-Known Member

Nope, it's in the default UI. Huh, I'd missed that feature. So I just went and hid like 30 random Tier 1 recipes, and I didn't freeze up or crash. Then I hid and uh-hid them several times and didn't experience any ill effects. So, I dunno. I'd expect a local issue but you said multiple computers.
  6. Mikai Member

Yeah, had it happen on my Win7 desktop, as well as my Win8 laptop. I've had it happen where I get no freezing at all for quite some time (for example, hiding lots of the low level spell recipes on my tailor). Then I get it, relog, and it happens within the next 10. when I started today, I froze after hiding one.
  7. Calthine Well-Known Member

I guess you'd want to /bug it, so QA can take a look. But sounds like it's going to be a pain to reproduce.
  8. Mikai Member

/facepalm

So easy to forget about /bug. lol I'll do that.