G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (1981)

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Imperiatus, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Imperiatus New Member

Failed to create D3D for my graphics card.

... I have the most updated DirectX there is, and a beast of a computer. Game played perfectly last night, had to uninstall/reinstall due to the missing launch pad (WTF). This is when the issues arised, so I tried uninstalling/reinstalling a clean copy with no progress...

(removed rant, only to be nice. Just agitated.)

...Any help is appreciated.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Hi Imperiatus...EQ2 wants DirectX 9 specifically, it seems. Feldon (of EQ2Wire fame) has made the files available for download on his site (quote is from another thread he replied to):
    Give that a try and see if it helps...crossing fingers for you.
    Prissetta and Imperiatus like this.
  3. Imperiatus New Member

I've tried that :( No luck, thanks though.
  4. Imperiatus New Member

The pissy thing about it is; the launch installer says that everything directX related is fine, and doesn't need to be updated.
    Shmogre likes this.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Bummer...I'm sorry it didn't work. Hopefully folks will have some other ideas for you that might help...
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Imperiatus New Member

Hopefully a DEV will actually help a community member out, they should be the experts on these issues.
  7. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Can only hope, but don't hold your breath. This issue has been posted numerous times for a while now. Some other issues we have been able to find workarounds for, but I haven't seen anyone give a solid workaround for this error. The DX9 solution above has helped some, but not all.

If I didn't have numerous friends in the game, I would have quit long ago because of this. Daybreak don't care, so why should we? But that is probably just frustration talking.
  8. Imperiatus New Member

No you're very much right to say that, regardless of frustration. I am only back for nostaglia purposes. To me, no game realyl scratches the in-depth as of this game, ESO is getting close though. Daybreak needs to make a EQ3, without ******* making it a failed abortion.
  9. Imperiatus New Member

Even did the support ticket system, the secondary questions they ask are so far away from being remotely linked to my issue. *sigh*, only day I have off from my IT job, and I can't even enjoy a game lol.
  10. Imperiatus New Member

Bumping... Because even customer support hasn't responded via ticket system.
  11. Imperiatus New Member

12. Asaenia Active Member

I had no problem until today, get home from work and I'm getting this same error.

VERY annoying.
  13. Asaenia Active Member

I don't even HAVE a G drive...

And I haven't done anything to change Direct X. Trying to install DirectX 9 won't let me unless I have an old version of windows.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Asaenia, check my comment further up...you can download the DirectX 9 files you need and put them directly into your EverQuest II directory, that's been known to help many DirectX related errors in the past. Hope that works for you...
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Asaenia Active Member

Ok, so OP, I fixed it, not sure exactly how. Uninstalled, reinstalled, still didnt work. Restarted computer, worked.

Im sure you've done this.
  16. Brend New Member

open
    eq2_default.ini

change
    cl_fullscreen 1
    to
    cl_fullscreen 0

run
    EQ2.exe
    Edaine likes this.
  17. Servinous New Member

Dealing with the same issue at the moment. -bonk- DEVS. Will you really not comment/fix on this one after 5 years?
  18. Litlbigman Member

Not so much if it can't run a 10+yo game xD