FYI -- 3 Necro Nerfs in LU19 (one announced)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Gargamel, Feb 13, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Just to clear some things up, we had 3 nerfs in last patch (LU19), one of which was announced.

1) Dumbfire pets now take AoE dmg that when they are not specficially targeted (used to not due to very low HP and zero mitigation -- affects 'Swarm' line and 'of the grave' DoTs, making them MUCH less useful on named heroics or epics that have 360degree AoE on 30s timers)
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=16686

2) Our pets have experienced ~ 1500pt reduction in HP and power across all levels and for both Necro and Conj classes. Unclear if this is a bug related to a change in mob pets having reduced HP, or intentional. No word from SoE for past 2 weeks despite threads in Conj, Necro, and Spells forums.
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=spells&message.id=5531

3) Our pet heals have been reduced ~ 20% while we have charmed pet up. Again for both heals (heal DoT and direct heal) both Necro and Conj classes.
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=17472

Message Edited by Gargamel on 02-13-200602:17 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Yirabeth Guest

These are known issues --- at least to the summoner community *g*

1) is a planned nerf, like it or not it's not going away. It would be nicer if they'd lower the dps of these dots rather than making them entirely killable, but not much we can do about it. 2) and 3) are bugs, as far as I know, because no one at SOE has bothered to let us know this is intended. I believe it is part of another fix in LU19, which is copy/pasted here ---

- The pets of NPC Necromancers and Conjurors now have less health than a standard NPC of their level. This makes killing NPC pets in combat more of a viable tactic.

Not sure how 3) would happen due to that but I'm not all that conversant with how changing one part of the game can maybe mess up others. As I said earlier SOE has not posted that this is intended and I believe it's a bug. Therefore I /bug this. A lot. Like every time I log my necro in. Feel free to do so as well :)

~Yira
    Message Edited by Yirabeth on 02-13-200605:16 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Uhm... those are't player pets, those are the pets of NPCs. So killing the NPC's pet is a viable tactic.

This is NOT a nerf to player character pets.
  4. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

We know, he merely pointed that people THINK its related ;).
    As for point 3. This on HAS to be a bug IMO, because either they tone down or heals or not. I see no single purpose (i'm sure magus will) for having lesser heals when i have a charm up.
  5. ARCHIVED-Yirabeth Guest

No, I realise that isn't a specific nerf to our pets, which is why I think it's a bug --- much like when NPC's gained abilities relating to their own animal type etc and suddenly the dumbfire pets were doing pbaoe's and that wasn't intended either.

So yep in view of a lack of info from SOE I tend to believe this to be a bug (if we were too powerful they should nerf our dps not our tank pet anyway) and due to that I *do* bug this on a daily basis. I will continue to do so until there's definite word about it, either way.

~Yira
    (ps - I'm a girl *g*)
  6. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Ahhh! My bad... Yeah you're probably right... ripple effect bugs are pretty common, esp when it comes to our pets and NPC changes.