Future warders (wanted list)

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-gotalotaqs, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-gotalotaqs Guest

So for fun, I was curious what everyone else would like to see become tameable? Personally I'd like to see...
    - Skeletal three headed dogs: from Sabarons Palace (80-90 version)
    - Skeletal cows/bulls: from Sabarons Palace (70 version)
    - Griffons: from Eastern Wastes
    - Scaled guardians: from Temple of Scale
    - Savage Wyrms: from Tenebrous Tangle
    - A fericious pet guardian: from Palace of the Awakaned
    - Meatbeast/A cowering bovid/Lunchmeat (same skin): The shimmering Citadel/Nektulous Forest/Guk
    I forgot the actual names for these mobs, but if you've been there then you know what I mean. :) They look pretty cool. Anyone else? I left off a ton of ones I'd want to see hit the warder list so as not to take away all the ideas right off the bat!
  2. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Meatbeast or his cousin (yes, I am stuck in a rut)
  3. ARCHIVED-Andemon Guest

Three that I can think of...
    - Scaled guardians from Temple of the Scale. Other flying snakes are in exotic (Enchanted) category, which currently has a very limited selection of tameables. Maybe these could be added?
    [IMG]
    - Savage wyrms from Tenebrous Tangle. They look like reptiles to me... If I remember the lore right, they're no smarter than drakes.
    [IMG]
    - A ferocious pet guardian from Palace of the Awakened. I'm not entirely sure what these are, but would maybe fit in exotic (Mystical)? Although if this is the default size...they wouldn't work as warders.
    [IMG]

...and more boars. There's far too little choice in that category.
    EDIT: Added screenshots.
  4. ARCHIVED-CleeGrahamx2099 Guest

I agree with the boars unless they would do this and I think it's a great idea myself. Why not change the boar family to Pachyderm instead. Pachyderms that are in the game currently includes Elephants,Rhinos,Mammoths,Pigs, and Warthogs. So, I myself think it would be awesome if they changed the Boar family to Pachyderms and still able to keep the pigs and boars. Just a thought.
  5. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

CleeGrahamx2099 wrote:
    great idea.
    On topic, i would like to see more appearances for animals. More special ones. Sad that they removed the meatbeast but the normal cow in the commonlands I also like. But i would like the meatbeast print, on the commonlands cow for instance.
    Also more animals to tame. Insects anyone?
  6. ARCHIVED-gotalotaqs Guest

CleeGrahamx2099 wrote:
    I love the thought of a pachyderm family, and would definately appreciate the ability to tame Rhinos, Mammoths, Elephants, etc!

I updated the original post with most peoples suggestions so far in an effort to keep people from reposting the same critters over and over! If I didn't add the animals you suggested, it's because I don't know the exact name/location of the creature. :)
    Personally I don't like insects, but a bunch of people do, I think it'd be a good addition! Especially since they seem to take away some of the cooler warders like Meatbeast and the Drake Guardian in EW.

Keep it coming!
  7. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

OK, so lemme see, if I can get off the Meatbeast band wagon...what else wold be kewl.
    Billy dolls (though they aren't an animal, so not much hope there)
    Rumblers. Like the old conjy pet. My conjy called hers...wait for it...!!!! MEATBEAST..giggle giggle giggle.
  8. ARCHIVED-gotalotaqs Guest

Mystfit wrote:
    LOL. How did I know, somewhere in the back of my mind, that's what it would be called? :p You are the biggest Meatbeast addict ever!
  9. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

A bug or arachnid family that's centered more around ranged spell-casting would be cool.

Otherwise:
    -a shark
    -an elephant
    -the kittens in Moors of Ykesha
  10. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Lisail@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Totally serious and that was like 4 years ago ;)
    That aside, I like the fighting style of the rumblers, so he'd be kewl!
  11. ARCHIVED-Lorrn Guest

I want the only one that matters

SOKOKAR
    SOKOKAR
    SOKOKAR
    SOKOKAR

it should be either mystical or enchanted. (would prefer mystical so i could actually use him on the majority of the content I do these days)

Edit: In case anyone hasnt noticed yet, the spell icon for the enchanted warder is a CHIMERA. Yet there is exactly one Chimera in the entire game that is not undead. And its a tough sell to get folks to go to Oxdaxius for teh chance that I might tame him and they wont get loot because of it. So along with Sokokars we need some normal tamable chimeras added to the game.
  12. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Wow, it's a beauty!
    (from ZAM)

[IMG]
  13. ARCHIVED-Andemon Guest

Nulgara@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    No point in trying.
    Check the ability: says that epics cannot be tamed.
  14. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Thing is.... why not add in everyonnneeeee..and add mobs in for those who do break the rules with ones that don't...(no nnamed versions, smaller sized, etc.)
    There should be limits in what we tame, but they should be kept to a minimum. I agree, no taming intelligent speices.
    The reason I became interested in this class was by doing the pre-lude quests. The idea of a bond between I and my pets...fascinated and intrigued me...having a mechanism where you watch the pet level was a stroke of genius in connecting a warder with their pets. It worked..mebbe too well. People have reasons for wanting what they want and it varies, but the idea of being able to comb the land and find...THE ONE...man, it should be encouraged, not discouraged.
  15. ARCHIVED-CleeGrahamx2099 Guest

Not really a "want" factor on this but the little flying Blood Gorgers or whatever they are called in Butcherblock mountains and in some other areas. The one that fly around in the area of the gorillas and the sheep. They are like a mix between bird and bat so not really sure why they can't be tamed. The Basilisks would be kind of cool as well. Quite a bit of them around. Frostfang Sea,Tangle,and Kaladim (pets for some of the gobbies) to name a few spots.
  16. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Rhinos and Brontotherium
    Elephants
    Wyverns
    Probably more I'm not thinking of atm.
  17. ARCHIVED-gotalotaqs Guest

Laenai@Oasis wrote:
    It is **not** on EQ2Wire beastlord warder list, but today I found out that the different colored kittens (or are they just cats?) that are part of the encounter with Herga the female troll NPC in PoF are indeed tamable as feline.
    They offer a different 'domesticated cat' look than the "An Aloof Cat" from Unrest; they come in three colors, and stay small when you tame them. White and grey, black and grey, and reddish brown and grey/cream. The reddish brown one seems to be a more rare spawn, and you may have the kill the encounter (four cats and the troll lady) a couple times to get him to spawn, as the color of the cats that spawn are random and change. I didn't see the reddish colored one until I'd killed the encounter four times trying to tame one. Below is a picture, they all follow that same skin, just different colors.
    [IMG]
  18. ARCHIVED-llicah Guest

scorpion, spider, snake.
    sankes should already be tameable as a reptile imo
  19. ARCHIVED-Ahye Guest

I forget where I ran across them, but I saw some octopus and thought they'd be fun to have as a warder. Fits in the aquatic catagory nicely and would be a nice change from the usual. Pity they are currently untamable.
  20. ARCHIVED-duranvaer Guest

As for a bug/insect warder, my wish would be the Tox Fly in Sundered Frontier.