Future Shiny Collections

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Nuchre, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Nuchre Member

Is it me or has the current reward for the shiny collection gone too far while completing the collection really does stretch all but the hardcore players.

In the past it seems that it was easier to finish the collections and while the reward was a Best in Slot item it wasn't an essential for highest level raiding as this seems to be.

I am down to my last 4 of which one is notrade but two of the other three sell for 5M+ and the other for 2M. Given that they all drop from one chest in one zone it is an enormous bottleneck.

So the question I ask for debate, have the shiny collections gone too far in being difficult to obtain for all but the really hardcore players?
    Rhodris and Meneltel like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I dunno. I'm close to 1200 collections (35 left to go!) You just keep running the zones. /shrug
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

The pre-DoV content, holidays, events and the like is were most folks get their big collection complete numbers. They're incredibly easy to finish once the content is out-leveled and even the time required for most is relatively minimal.

Once you start getting past that, and especially with the increasingly difficult to complete master of the master of the master collections, as well as ever more of the collection pieces being flagged heirloom or no-trade the answer is:

Yes they have.

Shinies should be a challenge, an investment, an achievement. Not just another time sink to flesh out the 'content' that is gear acquisition.

You're halfway through the expansion, though, so any of that gear you might get will be irrelevant in a few months anyhow, so weight the investment vs reward.