Future Content: A Letter from Director of Development Dave Georgeson

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Dragon_Mike New Member

Oh and the FREE 85 should have been a Veteran Reward, not a limited time offer.
    ramblinrod, Bibbs, Feara and 2 others like this.
  2. Barral New Member

Nothing in their that anything about crafting I have 9 crafters and ever since you guys brought the tradeskill apprentice. The gear has gone down hill. Nothing is worth crafting anymore.. You guys kind of crap on the crafters we have be both adventure and crafter to get anything kool.
  3. Skeezie Active Member

The top ten reasons to redo old dungeons:

10) Wailing Caves
    9) Kaladim
    8) Fallen Gate
    7) Stormhold
    6) Mistmoore Catacombs
    5) Karnor's
    4) Chardok
    3) Castle Mistmoore
    2) Crushbone Keep
    1) Sebalis
  4. Elumina New Member

Love that you are bringing back older zones and dungeons, there is so much content in this game that I skipped on the way to 95 and I certainly get tired of running the same ToV dungeons over and over. Very hopeful and excited.
  5. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I like the idea of being able to click on the door to Solusek's Eye and pick a Level 95 advanced solo version (or any other version) It's something that I think needs be done in order to keep every zone populated with something to do for everyone. Not to mention - all of that epic artwork from that "era" of EQ2 - simply beautiful, ORIGINAL stuff (not a reskinned existing zone).

Problem I see is loot.

New fabled zones come out - and makes the jewelry from ToV look like toys. I doubt you're going to be able to keep 1 upping yourself by doing that... c'mon. I do enjoy having raid quality loot that's right on the broker though :p

Oh - While I'm rambling.

I need a box to put in ANY housing area / guild house where I can store all of my old appearance items. I can't buy any more cool looking stuff without destroying something I already own... talk about a conundrum. Or have some player crafted storage crates - so I can put my season clothes away - you know the crates, like the ones that the armor comes in when it's first purchased...

More storage areas = more stuff I can buy and keep.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  6. Windstorm New Member

I enjoy having something new to look forward to so this sounds promising. I do hope that it includes something for crafters now and then. I would also like to see a revamp of some of the older zones. When you revamped Everfrost and Lavastorm you said other zones would be revamped as well and it never happened. Many of the zones need more quest content.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Pubaah New Member

Since this seems to be a 'wishlist' thread now, here is mine.
    1. I know a lot of people like raiding. And there are a load of people with all level 95 alts. But there are also a lot of us who don't raid and don't grind straight through to the 90s. And I sometimes get the feeling that we don't count - changes to the game are evaluated strictly from the viewpoint of level 95 raiders. The nearest I have got to raiding is going into a couple of dungeons with a friend because they weren't solo-able. So I generally don't bother with dungeons - so solo and group versions would be good. (Mercenaries help a lot, but versions aimed at solos would be better).
    2. Why are the various guild halls the same in different cities? Couldn't you at least change the look of them, so the Halas guildhall is stone and wood, and so on, even if you keep the same layout?
    3. Tinkering is broken. I like spending time tradeskilling, but what keeps me at the workbench/forge/desk is progress. And that just doesn't seem to happen with tinkering - so despite the cool stuff I want to make, I can't be bothered to waste the time and resources.
    4. More questable house item recipes, please.
    5. Also, more doors, and arches (that fit the doors), would be good.
    6. There has been a lot of purple and gold in houses recently. It could be worse - it could be pink - but some variation would be good And the ability to change the colours and textures (like in Qeynos and Freeport housing) would be really great.
    7. Somewhere to stash rarely-worn appearance items and old armour would be useful (a house wardrobe?) For when the house vault and bank are full.
    When it comes to storage - the Everfrost Summer home makes good storage for house items, if you don't want to decorate it.

And thank you for the Frostfell crafting stations. :)
  8. SynnikuL Active Member

Sounds good to me.
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Since the post went out on Friday afternoon at 3PM, I wouldn't expect much until staff are back at work on Monday.
    Shmogre likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, like one slot of that for each character (or even just one for each account) for a 10-Year Veteran reward, rather than...a choice between 2 Mercs? That's a reward for a milestone? :-/

Uwk
    who hasn't even unlocked the silly things and won't
    ramblinrod likes this.
  11. Mithriel New Member

If you create new zones. please create them where all classes benefit, not just certain ones. For instance, in the TOV zones, only certain classes are needed OR wanted because they work much better in the zones. This isn't fair to those who also want to have access. There is no point in paying $60 for an expansion if I can utilize it with ANY of my alts, not just the ones that fair well in them. A good example is the better gear is in the Dominion zone, which only certain classes are invited to access. It's a catch-22. You need better gear to access the zones, but you can't enter the zones or be invited to the zones unless you're geared. Funny thing, when the weekly is Dominion, guess who can't access the zone to do the quest?
    Patchkit and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Freaking out about "cybering"? That happens in every game, period, not just SOE games. If there isn't an actual "move," they just have to use their imaginations. At least if they do so in a public chat channel, rather than in /tell, they can be reported; I don't see any problems with reporting them if they are using a "move" and others are noticing it. :-/

Uwk
    Avahlynn likes this.
  13. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Greetings,
    Well it would be nice to have some out of the ordinary recipes drop from mobs doesn't matter what lvl, just so it's something new
    .Also how about some different building block shapes? are triangles out of the question? or stair railings on a rise over run?
    I enjoy all the aspects this game has to offer but I may enjoy the building of things the most , could you throw us crafters a bone?
    Give us some new things to make across all TS's and maybe some new building shapes. Otherwise this game is still rocking oops except for them 85 Heroic toons with nothing to em, plz.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If we get triangles, we can do our own rises over runs, but I think one of the issues might be what angles to use...I'd vote for 90 degrees and 30/60 degrees.

Back to bug and item fixes, can Scouts PLEASE GET OUR SHIELDS BACK?? We still have some Woodworker recipes for them (and I still think Priests would be happier with bigger Round Shields to protect their "patients" with), and it IS "realistic" from "real" history from the "real" Middle Ages and Renaissance that someone who can use a rapier (Scouts!) would also use either a second, smaller weapon, or a small li'l shield. >:-/

Uwk
  15. aspekx Well-Known Member

i will miss the former system of content releases. it was nice to know that it would only be a bit longer till something new came out.

however, if you are aiming at making expacs really worth the 60 or so USD, then yes please go ahead with this plan. the last few expacs have been a bit lacking and have been questionable purchases for me personally. with major content releases, improved and new zones, i would wholeheartedly support this idea.
    Snowmoon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Charlice Well-Known Member

Please, just bring back Willow Wood.
  17. ljbnomad New Member

I have to say that it is easy to want more. But I REALLY appreciate all the great work that goes into this game, all the options and extras there are, and how much we really get for a free to play game. Gold membership is even better. Thank you for keeping is in the loop. Hope occasional weekly or monthly things include some more casual clothing and cloth armor that can be used as mix-n-match appearance wear. It would also be cool if double XP came a little more often. :0)
    Awkk, Snowmoon, Feara and 2 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What I would also love to see in that regard, especially with cloth armor, is to get our Vest recipes back; they seem to stop in the 30s? Not everyone wants to trip over a darn Robe hem running around in the countryside, and they often look terrible when we're riding around in the countryside. :-/

Uwk
    aspekx and Belenos like this.
  19. theriatis Active Member

Hi,

just a short comment (you asked for it ;-)) from my side...

Quality of Expansion, Make our Expansion Matter:
    Oh, yes. Emphasis on the Size of the Expansion and on the Quality.

Size: The last Expansion was medium sized; i would go more for large sized (i don't talk about Gargantuan Sized like RoK) ;-).
    Quality: More of it, please. Keep the Frequent Zone and Server Crashes (Valor) and needed revamps after the first week of the Expansion to a minimum, thats what a Beta is for.

Monthly Things:

Aging old Dungeons + Itemization sounds cool at first, but that would need fitting in an even more tight schedule so, even if i would found it cool and do them... No. (At least not Monthly, more Quarterly).

Quest Series & Something to explore: Yes.
    Random World Events, new Zone Sweeper: Yes.

Weekly Things:

Holiday Events are already scheduled, so, "No" to mention those in Weekly Things.
    Feature Refinements: Yes. (Add "Feature Bug Fixes" in it, too).
    Short Adventures: Yes.

What my current Wish List is:

- A more stable and lagfree Server (Valor).
    - Keep the Zonecrashes to a minimum.

Regards, theriatis.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I've been wondering what a "zone sweeper" is. Google wasn't much help...even showed me an ad for a swiffer, which conjured up visions of dust storms as some god of cleanliness attempts to sweep out Sinking Sands.