Fury or Warden for solo play

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Tseren, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Tseren New Member

I'm somewhat new and have been wondering if fury or warden is better for pretty much strictly solo play. Does one kill/gain exp faster than the other and have an easier time doing so? I know that fury's more of a caster and warden's more of a melee(or at least I think so).
  2. Torri Active Member

Your thinking is right. Wardens are slanted to do their best DPS while meleeing due to damage Spell to Combat Art conversions available through AA and are available basically as soon as you can start earning AA at level 10. Warden AAs and buffs are set up to increase melee damage. Fury is the flip side of the coin, with no melee conversion AA and buffs and AA that tend to favor spell casting. Even with that, especially while soloing you will want to get in and melee on a Fury as long as you can keep up with the mobs damage output with your healing.

Welcome to the game
  3. Tseren New Member

Thanks for the reply! One more question however, does fury do a better job at soloing than warden? I have a 22 warden and was wondering if I should betray to fury. I like both playstyles so that's not an issue, just wonder if one has an easier time than the other.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

Generally, I would say a warden would be easier.

My reasoning is that you'll be in melee range anyway (as the mobs are focused on hitting you), so the warden melee AAs won't have a chance to get interrupted, whereas a fury will be casting spells, which could be. So mob will die quicker as a warden.

Just a thought
  5. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Warden is also easier because Druids are set up to be fairly mana efficient, till they start nuking. While you are leveling, and especially if you are leveling solo - you won't have much in the way of power regen (either from other players or from gear), so you might like Warden better. Melee is more mana efficient than Nuking for damage.

Warden also has a self-mitigation buff (Warden of the Forest line) that Fury doesn't have. That's also helpful while leveling solo.

Other than that, it boils down to how do you like to play? Caster or melee dps? Either class is a lot of fun to play.
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

In the time it will take you to complete the betrayal quest, you could have leveled two new toons to 22.

If you want to try a fury, set your warden aside and roll a fury. You'll find out pretty quickly which one you prefer.

Personally, I have a fury and a warden. I've enjoyed the warden SO much more. I don't enjoy root and nuke, and being interrupted. Melee is much more my style. And wardens are really easy to solo. As a bonus, once you get access to druid rings, you can travel Norrath with ease.

I'd level another warden, I enjoyed it so much. Can't say the same about a lot of other classes ;)
  7. Yukishiro1 Active Member

Fury is probably quicker to solo easy content with, but Warden is def. better at soloing harder content.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I have both a warden & a fury in the mid levels & both are pretty good at soloing. Warden has the edge imo because the are the more sturdy of the two. However, I am partial to meleeing. If you prefer casting, fury will work too. I prefer mystic over defiler, inquisitor over templar & warden over fury despite having at least one of each.

If you are getting Age of Discovery & plan to use a mercenary, it won't matter which one you pick at all. You'll just be choosing the playstyle you prefer.
  9. Tseren New Member

Thanks for the help guys :) I think I'll stick with warden and possibly level a fury alt.