fun spells / fluff spells : what and where?

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Vivax, Sep 17, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Vivax Guest

Okay, I've searched the forums using "fun spells," "fluff spells," and "spells." On rare occasion I've seen references to spells that we don't automatically get, but have to buy from some merchant somewhere. The eq2 "guide" website for illusionists don't mention fun spells, either.

So do these things exist? And if so, where?
    Thanks!

Edit: Thanks, Impetus! I hope I'm not the only one who've you helped with your reply.
    Message Edited by Vivax on 09-17-2005 09:30 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Impetus Guest

You can get them from the scribes that sell our app2's in Qeynos Harbor, near the South Qeynos gate. Off the top of my head:

20: illusion human and illusion half-elf
    30: group illusion human
    35: illusion dwarf and illusion barbarian
    40: group illusion half elf
    45: illusion gnoll
    50: group illusion gnoll
  3. ARCHIVED-Valux Guest

Does anyone else miss all the illusions that enchanters had in EQ1?

I used to love wandering around in an illusion, speaking that race's language. I know, get a life! :smileyvery-happy:

Why do we not get all of our opposing factions forms? Why no elemental forms? You'd think with a name like "Illusionist" we'd have all the available illusions!

Yes, it's "fluff" and fun spells, but why not add a little faction modifier to them and make them useful? I remember wandering Neriak "suited up" as a DE, having fun in EQ1.

And isn't fun what this game is all about?
  4. ARCHIVED-LukeBorgman Guest

I can't get group illusion human to work. Is it bugged?

Also, I looked at the Scribe in Qeynos Harbor, but could only see the illusions I already qualified for. Do the dwarf and barbarian illusions show up after I reach the required levels? ...or am I just not seeing what's there?
  5. ARCHIVED-SunTsu Guest

All fluff spells must be purchased. You do not get them automatically.
  6. ARCHIVED-Valux Guest

There are 3 scribes that sell illusions in South Qeynos. 1 in the building with Royal Accountant Fowler, 2 in the building across the way.
  7. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

Anyone else having problems with the group illusions since the revamp? The group illusions cast, but fail to give the group the illusion, no icon or anything.
  8. ARCHIVED-Azamien-Dermorate Guest

you have to use the "/hide illusion" command as it seems LU 13 turned this on for everyone (or for me atleast and I never had it on before)
    I do have to say, that group illusions aren't very fun when they dont display on anyone in your group. They need to chance it so the '/hide illusion' command only works on non-illusionist illusions, primarly the bear and lion ones that healers cast.which I believe most people find annoying. That or they need to give us an entirely new set of fun spells...
  9. ARCHIVED-Myrdrivar Guest

I'm pretty sure the group human illusion is broken. My self only illusions display and group doesn't chnage my personae, my shroom or me. i bugged it, but haven't seen anything about it anywhere.

Tzanjuyu 32 Illusionist Neriak
  10. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

I've tested this multiple times using /hide and not. It flat doesn't work. Test it, you'll find the same results.