Fuel components will once again be affected by conservation effects

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Jake from State Farm, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Jake from State Farm Member

Tested on several stacks of Draconic Incense, My "crafting expertise shined through" several times but it still consumed the materials when crafting yellow armor gemstones.

Mass production also returned no materials whatsoever.

Does anyone know what this change is supposed to influence?
  2. Caith Developer

Regular fuels were ignoring conservation effects, this corrected that issue.

Any recipe that is specifically flagged to ignore conservation, still does so.
  3. Plinc Active Member

where is the dislike button?

would it really have been anything more than nice to save a few hundred etyma when running through several thousands of them?
    how about throwing us a bone and let us mass produce on commission for 1-20 items? make it ToV crafter epic or something like that..
    Ragna likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm Member

TY for the response Caith.

@Plinc, I'm a veteran cynic after playing this game for so long. I didn't get my hopes up but I wanted to find out for sure lol. Saving a few hundred Etymas by hiring a crafter to make your needs would be far too dangerous and could possibly cause an imbalance in the game that would send ripple effects down the chain of progression. They couldn't possibly allow that to happen. Besides the crafting devs are pretty much at the command of the raid zone designers and have to approve any changes thru them nowdays I believe.

We still can't even get the to make runestones heirloom even though the npc that gives them indicates thats their intention.
  5. Gelenor Well-Known Member

How does the player find out a recipe is flagged to ignore conservation other than by trial and error?

Wold be nice for the same consideration given to failure of combines involving Draconic Essence (Etyma) so that do don't lose the fuel on a failed combine.. whether it be from being interrupted, bad luck or zone crash.

Sad to say its happened to only twice.... but both times very costly.
  6. Flatline Well-Known Member

Never understod the logic of this, if i recall - and Caith can correct me if im wrong - the logic proposed was that the saving was calculated into the purchase price of the recipe and hence the recipe itself would not allow for conservation effects.. which i always thought was very backwards and weird. - if i have ill go hunt the conversation where this was mentioned by a dev.

Why WHY make something crafters have to spec into totally useless etc. oh well.. not really expecting an answer, just venting on the illogical mess this is.

IF this is the reality of Norrath, would it be to much to ask that the recipes specifically states "not affected by" ... so we at LEAST know ?
    Tahuti likes this.
  7. Shanak Member

Oh by the way, if someone sends an assassin bot on you when you first start comission crafting gemstones for someone else, and it hits you before you finish the first bar of progression, it will cancel the craft and use up all the incense with no product. And SOE will not refund this by petition. Just to warn ya, don't craft in a house with one of these bots. My friend lost 90 etyma this way.