FTW by Evolution on Splitpaw

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Seefar, May 5, 2013.

1. Seefar Well-Known Member

According to EQ2U Evolution on Splitpaw is no more :(

I'd really like to take the FTW comics and put them on Issuu. But that would be wrong without agreement from the creators of this classic trove of EQ2 fanlore.

Is anyone still in contact with Lesca and/or Wildorf so I can ask their permission?

Thanks for your time.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You know you can access the comics through the archived old forums, right?
  3. Seefar Well-Known Member

Hi Sigrdrifa, thanks for responding.

Yes, I know the comics are still available in the archive. I stumbled on that by googling "EQ2 FTW comic". I actually put a link to them in my first post, but links on here aren't all that obvious, are they? Some bright spark has decided that it looks sexier to remove the underlining which most folk these days recognise as indicating hyperlinks. Try this instead: For Teh Win. Not all 'upgrades' are for the best... but I digress.

The reason I'd like to port them to Issuu is twofold: a) they'd be available to another audience (and would thus, potentially, act as ambassadors for EQ2, possibly sending some folk to explore Norrath) and b) it would look sexeh ;)

I'm tempted to do it anyway. Lesca seems to have 'died', changed her name, or moved to Guk; Evolution on Splitpaw seems either to have been disbanded (according to EQ2U) or not contain Wildorf or Lesca (according to the search tools on station.com). I'm trying to go by the roolz and observe copyright, but I do wonder if in this case the creators of these fun works would actually object, or be flattered instead. There's nowt so q u e e r as folk, y'know.

Life's too short for all the funbane. The sun is out. Tempus fugit, carpe diem :)
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'd post it with full attribution and a footnote explaining your attempts to contact Evolution, Lesca, and Wildorf, asking them to contact you please if they have objections.
  5. Seefar Well-Known Member

Good advice, I may well do that.