Frostfell 2012 arrival date?

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Skiptracer, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Skiptracer New Member

Hi folks,
    I'm returning for my annual pilgrimage and wait for Frostfell (the main reason I keep coming back to EQ2 oddly enough). Do we know when its expected to go to the servers this year? I know last year it was around 12/6/2012, but I'm in the holiday spirit now :)

Thanks everyone!
  2. Mophia Active Member

Well I heard from Kaitheel that Heroes Festival will start on the 23rd of November. So Frostfell will start after that finishes, and Heroes should run for around 14 days.
  3. Pijotre Well-Known Member

The in-game calendar says Heroes should start on 16th, but I found that date very unlikely anyways since there has been no testing of the content yet.
  4. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I wonder if Hero's fest will run over FF a bit?
  5. Kokorobosoi Active Member

I can't wait either. I'm in the holiday spirit too
  6. Mophia Active Member

That's why I PM'd Kaitheel, as the calendar read the 16th, but it hadn't hit test. He said it was postponed due to the expansion, and the new date was it will start on the 23rd. It will hit test first he said.

I'm expecting Frostfell to hit test while Heroes is live, so my feeling is Frostfell will go live just after Heroes finishes, as could be clashes with quests if both up at same time, unlikely I know, but these unexpected things can happen!!!!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Skiptracer New Member

Thanks Mophia, I suppose I could jump on Test to quell my anticipation prior to hitting Butcherblock :)
  8. Mophia Active Member

OK, Heroes now up on test. So happy testing, testers!!!!! I'm on my way to test now!
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Is there any official word on when Frostfell is going up? Even when it launches around December 6th, it feels like there's never enough time to do everything before it closes back down again. Here's hoping that Heroes and Frostfell can at least coexist on the servers!
  10. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Posted by Kaitheel in the Testing forum:

Frostfell
    to be activated on test server on 12/10/12 (Monday)
    to be activated on live servers with a server update on 12/13/12 (Thursday)

So it seems very little time for testing; will see what they have new in store once they patch Test in December.
  11. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Noooo! lol-my vacation ends the 14th of Dec hehe-was hoping FF would start at the beginning of my vacation so i could have time to enjoy it before the holiday craziness at work lol-oh well, good to know anyway, thanks;)