FROGLOK what side to be ON!?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-DudeMunga, Dec 4, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kondular Guest

That would be the original Lore of Guk from Eq1.

Guk was a Troll city, long before EQ1, even long before EQ:OA. When the frogloks arrived on Antonica(then Tunaria) from Kunark, they found the trolls in Guk. I don't recall if they were enslaved or invited or what, but they ended up living in Guk with the Trolls. they had already, however, determined that the Trolls were evil, and one night, the Frogloks rose up, and began to kill the Trolls within Guk, chasing them from its tunnels. One of the last holdouts within Guk was a powerful troll shaman, he killed many Frogloks during the uprising, but in the end found himself overwhelmed. With the last of his strength he wove a powerful curse on Guk. He cursed it so that every froglok who ever died within Guk would rise again as an undead to plague his former comrades.

In the time of EQ1 the frogloks still within Guk (which previous to Legacy of Ykesha was all Antonican Frogloks) were fighting a desperate battle to hold back the undead rising from the depths of the ancient city. In Lost Dungeons of Norrath it was revealed that a large portion of the City (the lost dungeon Deepest Guk) had been surrendered to the undead long ago and sealed off from the currently occupied areas.

The lore I've seen about Guk in EQ2 says that, when the Rallosians advanced into Innothule swamp, the Frogloks resisted at first, but after several defeats, they were forced to fall back to Gukta. When the Rallosians over ran that city, what remained of the Froglok army proper sacrificed themselves in a stalling action to give the bulk of the survivng froglok populace the chance to get into Guk and seal themselves off from the advancing hoards. That's why there are so few frogloks in game, the Bulk of their race is still locked down in Guk, likely still battling the undead frogloks there.
  2. ARCHIVED-alerka Guest

Nice post, however I have one eensy weensy comment. EQ1 was out before EQ Online Adventures :p
    Anyone want to bet that the Frogloks will have a town of their own in a soon to be released expansion sold in the stores?
  3. ARCHIVED-Kondular Guest

EQ1 was out before EQ Online adventures, yes, but they chose to set EQ: OA 500 years before EQ1 in terms of Storyline. IN EQ: OA the continent is still called Tunaria, Parts of the forest which would eventually become the Dessert of Ro is still forested, and inhabited by Elves. The two Human cities were half the size they were in EQ1, etc. etc.

And no, I doubt the Frogloks will get their own town. They might get their own island when we rediscover what's left of Innothule Swamp, but they'll likely start in Qeynos with the rest of the good races. UNLESS, of course, we discover Innothule, and the Frogs have a town at Guk, and the Trolls have set up shop back in Grobb. Then they might get a new town, but I imagine it'd be linked by boat to Qeynos, as Grobb would be linked to Freeport.
  4. ARCHIVED-Monkeygrrl Guest

Since I arrived in Qeynos, I can report that almost all the Frogs I have encountered were painfully formal, stuffy, pompous and condescending. No doubt they will live in Qeynos. They even make the desparaging remarks about Iksar just like the other "goodly" races do.