Froglok Swashbuckler

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-ViggEQ2, Sep 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-ViggEQ2 Guest

I'm totally new to EQ2. I haven't played EQ1 in years. I'm looking around while the game patches. Please help me with a couple of things!

1) Can Frogloks be Swashbucklers?

2) If so, please post pics of a froggy in Swashbuckler armor!

3) Where do I find info on how to do city betrayl? I might have to go Ratonga (sigh, I know) Swashbuckler for sheer cuteness. Cuteness that stabs you.

4) Is there any updated info on the origin of the Ratonga? The EQ2 web page is pretty vague.

Thank you!
  2. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

Yes, Frogloks can be Swashies, there is no limitation of race or class in the game, only of home and starting city, which limits your selection of classes, but then as you say, you can betray.

Frogloks just look wrong in any armour and are more suited to the sole of ones boot.

With betrayal, if it the same as Qeynos betrayal, there will be a quest giver near the blackmarket in East Freeport.

Ratongas come from the sewers, they are smelly dirty filthy horrid little rats that need to be placed right beside Frogloks onthe sole of my boot. Being a Ratonga Swashy gives them some semblance of cleanliness, however they never quit learned to bath regularly.
  3. ARCHIVED-ViggEQ2 Guest

Yeah...I played around with the Froglok model a bit. Not for me.
    For a new player, how difficult (err, scale of 1-10, 1 being stupid easy) is it to betray?
    Can't Ratongas just give themselves tongue baths? Err...

Thanks for the help.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

Um, thats what dogs do, but if it turns you on........

Betrayal was completely changed some time ago now, I have absolutely no idea how hard it is, but then, if a brigand can do it, anyone can.
  5. ARCHIVED-Wildfury77 Guest

Snark on Befallen is an example of an averagely equipped ratonga swashie........check him out......hehe
  6. ARCHIVED-Illyakuran Guest

As a froglok swashbuckler take my advice and pick a different race, any race. Well except for gnomes 'cause who wants a gnome around.
    With my green plumed hat, green vest, and green gloves my swashbuckler looks like a demented leprechaun and that's not gold in the pot at the end of my rainbow.
    The animations get annoying after a while (hop, hop, hop) as does the short stature and I'm sure I run slower than other races. While raiding I usually use the half-elf or dark elf illusion. Frogloks do look pretty funny when they are climbing walls and I think they have the best death poses with their little arms and legs sticking straight up in the air.
    I'll try and post some pictures tonight of my toon so you can see what he looks like.
  7. ARCHIVED-Illyakuran Guest

Um...yeah. I'll settle for his backup gear, it's likely better than my primary gear.
  8. ARCHIVED-ViggEQ2 Guest

Yeah, if you could post or link a pic of your frog, I'd love to see it!
  9. ARCHIVED-Iseabeil Guest

Hrmph...
    My ratonga swashie *is* a swashie because the idea of being a dirty brigand was disgusting to her. She dives down into her swimming pool daily, twice after raids, and spends an hour afterwards brushing her fur. And all those accusations of her infecting guildies with rabies when biting is totally untrue, she hasnt spread disease since she failed to do Lucan away that way (unsuccessfully unfortunatly) as a young mouseling. Now, all those ratongas in freeport, sure, they have erm... an aroma at times, but as a good natured, backstabbing, qeynosian ratonga, the Baroness Miepsie von Swiss is cleanlier and better smelling then most elfies she finds herself being surrounded of at times.
    *raises her whiskered nose and walks off with swishing tail*
    :p
  10. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

Oh my god, you actually believe that any amount of bathing can make a rat clean, even a posh and snobbish one. My spies have also informed me that within the Ratonga community, titles of barony are given only to the most discusting and filthy of all as a recognition of their efforts to spread filth and disease.

Now stay away from me, I HAVE SOAP :smileyvery-happy:
    Message Edited by Licit on 09-08-2006 12:47 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Bishop Guest

Betraying from Freeport to Qeynos isn't that difficult.

I did it in about 3 hours with my level 10 Dirge/Troub.

Basically you do a few steps around Freeport and then you get booted out. Then you are an Exile. You have your own city that has some menders and merchants and stuff.

Once you are an exile, you then goto a tower in Commonlands and talk to a NPC that is hiding in a ruined tower close to the freeport city gates and tell him you wish to show that you noble to Qeynos. He will give you a random quest that you need to perform in the city.

Keep in mind that as an exile *any* city guard will attack you on sight. So you need to sneak in via the bell on the freeport docks and in through the sewers.

There is a walkthru somewhere here on the Sony boards, but I don't have the link handy as I'm at work atm.....

Good luck
  12. ARCHIVED-ShaniquaJackson Guest

Betraying is a pain in the butt from Freeport to Qeynos for most classes. Is it hard? no, but it's annoying, AND you're to want at least 1g before even bothering with it, because to betray, it'll end up costing you 1g for one of the quests and you MUST do it to become a Qeynosian [or whatever]

Luckily, betrayel is pretty easy to do as a rogue class, as there is a quest you can do that is extremely easy because you can do it all without fighting a single mob, but the running too the instance and back to the quest giver is annoying. And you have to complete 13 quests I believe it is.

So, yeah, just letting you know that though it isn't difficult, it's time consuming and annoying. In 3 hours, you can go from 10-15 easily. So I wouldn't bother with betrayel unless you're REALLY deadset on being a "good" ratonga.

I have a halfling Swashy who is awesome, plus he looks 12 and that makes me lmao anytime I watch him beat the crap out of a ogre or troll lol.
  13. ARCHIVED-Illyakuran Guest

14. ARCHIVED-angelkain Guest

[IMG]
    I used a froglok eye just for you~
  15. ARCHIVED-Pengefinchess Guest

*scrapes the elf bits off his boots*
    i play frogs exclusively, excellant chars and have a 70 necro & a 57 swash..but i have to agree that the class hat is terrible :p - its way too small, if it was made a good few sizes bigger it wouldnt look like so much of a "just slap this graphic on his head"
    the illusion looks like a young tad just out of the pond :)
    Sil and Ribbit (Dreamcatchers, Nagena)
  16. ARCHIVED-ViggEQ2 Guest

Bwahahha! Thanks for the posts! OK, the hat isn't great, but I think the rest of the armor looks great on the frog. =)