Freeport and 9 year vet awards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Skwor, Nov 8, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Skwor Guest

Anyone know how Freeport fits into the 9 year vet award?

Do freeport toons qualify for vet awards? If they do does it work differently from the other servers?

When I first moved to freeport all my transferred toons they still recieved those wards. I thought that was going to change, which is why I am asking.
  2. ARCHIVED-EternallyConfuzzled Guest

I don't know if it will change or not, but up until now it's been about account age, regardless of which server your characters are on. I've gotten vet rewards for my account even when the account was unsubscribed at the time they were released, and Freeport doesn't appear to be an exception, even when it was the only F2P server and even when I was playing as bronze or silver.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

It is game/account based not server based. When Freeport was introduced it was as a new game so the timer started then, but now that it is merged with the rest of the EQ2 players the timer on your Freeport toons should be the same as it would be on any other server on your account.
  4. ARCHIVED-thesiren Guest

I'm glad you asked about the 9-year vet reward, because I've been wondering if SOE has something up their sleeves for us, too.
    And now I see the other vet reward thread further down, with the EQWire link listing the 9-year vet rewards in it that debuted yesterday....
    Okay, got it. Wouldn't you know the one day I work a lot of hours and don't log in.....poof, this happens, hehe!
  5. ARCHIVED-SteelPiston Guest

The first year on Freeport did not count towards vet awards. It only would if you were full time on another server and made occasional visits to Freeport.
    I copied some characters over from the dead Bazaar server on day 1 of Freeport and subbed to GOLD straight away. I then cancelled my 'Live" account sub. I'm an 8 year vet, but my 1 year subbed on Freeport counts for nought, leaving me on 7 years. I did a /petition a while back and basically got a 'Boo hoo, how sad, never mind. There's nothing we can do for you about the missing year"
    I can't imagine a lot of people on the Freeport server will get the 9 year vet award anytime soon, unless they were in the few that migrated to Freeport from the Bazaar server during the forced merger.