Free to Gold to Silver?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Blackwater, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Blackwater New Member

Hello,
    I have a few old accounts from the Recruit a Friend thing (4-5 years ago) and am returning. Oddly, a couple are "free" while a couple are "silver". Reading around the forums indicates you can no longer get an account flagged as silver? So if I subscribe on a Free account for 1 month, it will revert to Free instead of silver?

Reason I am curious is the free accounts are a few months older than the Silver, but if the Free can never be silver at all then ill sacrifice the 3 months of Vet accrual and start on the Silver account.

Thank you
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Silver accounts will stay silver after being downgraded from allaccess/subscription. In other words, you won't loose silver entitlement on those accounts.
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

Silver status is no longer obtainable. Free accounts will drop from All Access back to Free.
  4. Blackwater New Member

thank you much
  5. Csipi Active Member

If those accounts are free that means that you never spent any money on those accounts during that time. You didn't buy a sub nor I think it was at least $5 of SOE cash, nor buy the $5 silver access.

As stated above, it is too late now to get the silver status.
  6. Blackwater New Member

Ya, that's the odd part. The 2 7yr old accts i know we had subs for at least 1 month. They have green journeyman cloaks from subbing for the Recruit a Friend rewards etc. Yet, they're "Free". We were going to use the older ones, but sounds like that's a bad idea. Thought I read one post in here somewhere that a person had an old free one that turned silver after making a purchase (or perhaps it was subbing for a month). Not sure on that though, read several before getting confused enough to post and ask. I tried an SC purchase, but it didn't adjust the Free status.

Also odd is the older ones have 1000 station cash and I know I never bought that. While the newer (5 yr old 2 accts) have no cash but are silver.

Oh well. Chock it up to SOE's zig zagging around about about policy and account status over the years.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Might be an idea to contact DBG about the 2 oldest accounts. If they were created prior to F2P and actually have characters then you obviously had a subscription at one time. All accounts that were subbed prior to F2P should have been automatically granted Silver.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  8. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Regarding the 1000 SC/DBC and the journeyman cloaks. If you bought two of the older boxed expansions, you may have gotten the 1000 SC from those. And even free players got the journeyman cloaks. The older accounts should have some very nice veteran rewards of course. So I would think would still be worth playing.
  9. Blackwater New Member

They were definitely created prior to FTP. I used a couple just as xp buffs for my main account but now the boys and wife are playing so these accounts would be nice.

Problem is, at least 1 (maybe both of them) had no characters. Think I had just deleted them after the time ran out and the xp buff ended. So, perhaps that is why they didn't get the Silver status :( So silly.

Thank you for the replies.
  10. Adevil Well-Known Member

You should still go to https://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/list/p/20 and Create A Support Ticket for each account. Might take a week or so to get a reply (customer service department was virtually gutted by layoffs this spring), but sure can't hurt to ask if not having Silver was an oversight.