Free account not upgrading to silver

Discussion in 'Account Related Support' started by ARCHIVED-Nottas, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Nottas Guest

I recently got my friend into playing EQ2 and he started free and recently purchased Age of Discovery using his station cash. His account has not been upgraded to silver yet. Because of the limitations of support on a free account he can not make his own support tickets or make a post so I am making this post on his behalf. So in short how can we fix this problem?
  2. ARCHIVED-Lamatu Guest

You said he purchased AoD but that alone doesn't qualify for a silver account. He would of had to purchase a silver or gold membership from the marketplace.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nottas Guest

oh i thought spending 500sc or more in game was enough. So here is a question if he goes gold for a month would he revert to free if he doesnt purchase the silver?
  4. ARCHIVED-Lamatu Guest

If he buys a gold membership and does not pay the following month he would be downgraded to the restrictions of bronze or silver if he purchased that.
    Also while Gold you have unlimited races and classes and if you go free to play you will lose the ability to play those that were restricted to gold unless you buy the packs when your free to play.
    There is really plenty you can get done while silver at the lower levels if your interested in one of the restricted classes and races as Silver gives you access to crafted and treasured armor and expert level spells.
    Hire a merc and your friend will have no trouble at all playing Silver and questing up to lvl 80 or 90. If he plays past 80 and buys Velious he should buy Gold as all the rewards in Velious and Skyshrine are legendary or higher.