Fragment of Shazzak in Stratum of the Protectors (solo)

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by murmur, Feb 6, 2014.

1. murmur Member

I just ran Stratum of the Protectors (solo) and to my surprise Fragments of Shazzak were lvl 103, although Shazzak were still lvl 98 like before.

Little ninja buff on those adds, huh?
  2. Buggabug Active Member

Same thing happened to me, thought it was just a glitchy zone. Lvl 103 ^ heroic snakes, took longer to kill those fragments than it did to kill all the other names in the zone combined.
  3. Mae- Well-Known Member

So broken.... why was this even changed? My poor inq cries at how long it takes to kill them now =(
  4. Fomolo New Member

I can confirm this annoying / amusing bug on Freeport. Shazzak is normal, then Fragments of Shazzak are 103 mobs with crazy high hit point values. The amusing part is that I wiped on the super-powered Fragments, then went back to try the boss a second time. This time, no Fragments ever appeared - I just dps'd the boss from 100-0% in 30 seconds with no Fragments phase happening at all. Weird.
  5. Laita Well-Known Member

Encounter is beyond broken... still beatable, but takes forever.. I feel bad for classes that need a merc healer for solo's because they will never be able to keep up
  6. Gninja Developer

It sounds like the heroic adds are spawning. We will take a look at it today.
    Shmogre likes this.
  7. Foretold Well-Known Member

This is just terrible.... it took me 9 minutes to kill Shazzak, and 14 minutes to do the whole zone. Four sets of 10 fragments that you have to just sit there and beat on forever and ever and ever. Hope the fix is incoming soon, I won't be doing this zone again until it's fixed.
  8. Elhonna Member

Damn, was hoping they'd stay the way they are lol. Actually the only fun fight I've had in a long time in solos. 4:13 second kill time. But I guess if they are heroic it explains things...
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

I had similar issues, i had no mercenary and got defeated. The amount of shazzak pieces
    was i think much higher than usually, and add were 103 with quite some hps.

Came back pulled at the door and got no issue at all.

Yesterday we also had very strange
    issues in heroic (ok we were only 4 but anyway). Usually the best method
    was to pull him close to his spot, tank on one side against the little corner wall
    and group on the opposite side.

We got something new since we got KB even against those walls, also shazzak remained up
    but immune instead of splitting into pieces.

So we pulled at door and got much less issues.
  10. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

I assume this will be fixed next DT but there are few ways around the bug. 1) On final fight if you have FD of some sort use it as soon as heroic fragments pop. The boss will reset to no fragment mode when you rez and attack. Best to suspend merc/ pets before you start fighting first time.
    2) if you have a group evac just do that instead of FD and go back down a kill Shazzak
  11. Foretold Well-Known Member

Dying to him also works... My warlock found that out right away ;)
  12. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I survived the first round of fragments fight on my illusionist somewhat fine. But died during the second round :)
  13. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Haven't seen anything about this issue in today's patch notes. Is it fixed by stealth or is it still broken? Thanks.
  14. Fomolo New Member

I went and looked myself - sometimes the best way to find out is to send in a little evil fairy dude.

I'm happy to report that this appears to have been fixed - the fragments are back to their level 96, easily killable selves. Get back to farming your boots, everyone!