Fps and hardware

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by armus, Jan 4, 2018.

1. armus New Member

I recently upgraded my system with mid level hardware and found it funny that the game still showed a lot of lag. I know this is due to the DX9 backbone and engine. I planned to eventually upgrade again and would like to know how the game performs on other modem hardware.

Presently in running a Ryzen 1600X 4ghz with 16gb 3200ddr4, and a 1080GTX Nvidia card. Fps can go very high at times but I've also seen it as low as 20-30, which is disappointing. Internet speed was not a factor but I have 100Mbps.

I know the game is not capable of utilizing the cpu's 12 threads as few games go above 4 even. I'm considering an i7 8700k which is overall better but significantly better in single core. It's it worth looking into other hardware or has the game reached the limit?
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'm not spending the money to test it, but its core Ghz, at 4 you are probably past almost everyone else playing. Game offloads almost no GPU at all.
  3. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

One moment. Lag usually means slow respons from a server for whatever reason which in turn slows down your game.
    Do you mean LAG or do you mean game runs slow when you for instance flying and enjoying breathtaking pictures?

Good hardware cannot eliminate LAG completely because LAG depends on 3 basic components:
    - client hardware and how busy the client is at the moment
    - server hardware and how busy the server is at the moment
    - network communcations in between.
  4. Tupperbeast Active Member

It is guaranteed not on your set up I have almost the same set up and have no problems in other games only in EQ2. At the moment it's just the wrong hardware software from Daybreak, why these lags or break-ins are there.

Daybreak just does not get this unstable server right now why should it be clear they have been wrong on the wrong corners and edges.
    The servers are not designed for all players therefore the massive lay, instead of trying to put the servers together and equip them with a bigger stabilizing disk no they let it go on every day, crash servers or have any failures there.

Well and directx 9 is already very old we live already with directx12, also here would have been rethink long ago due.
    So in the end, we have to pay our paying customers and play with the trouble just because a company refuses to improve something or throw the money out differently.