Found a great very light armor chest piece

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-DP_Kirium, Nov 19, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-DP_Kirium Guest

Ok, so I was a bit disapointed in my sorcerers robe, especially at wizard level. Anyway, I was fighting Centaurs in the Thundering Steppes and low and behold a dropped chest had what is called a "Fabricator's Robe". This thing rocks, at lvl 22 right now it gives me 52 AC plus a ton of resistances. It doesn't add to intelligence but I'm using a combination of a salt-encrusted dagger and shield of dark bindings which makes up for losing staff and robes by far in the intelligence sector.

Just thought you guys would like to know.

Kaleos
    Antonia Bayle
  2. ARCHIVED-KaleMuteki Guest

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get all that stuff? I just reached lvl 20 and am looking for an equipment upgrade.
  3. ARCHIVED-DP_Kirium Guest

I don't mind at all.

Here's where I got it:

Fabricator's Vest: Drop off centaur in Thundering Steppes ( have an extra one, if someone wants to tender an offer for it)

Shield of Dark Binding: Drop off of named Bloodsaber in Snye (when you enter snye, go up spiral stairs all the way to upperhall, follow it around and you'll run into what looks like a river, I'm guessign it's a sewer stream. At the end of that is where the named pops. His name I believe is Xotil. We were camping him and he kept dropping great stuff for heavy armor wearers. Of course, we're used to this stuff, but he ended up dropping this shield that I could use and I won the lotto for it).

Salt-encrusted dagger: I believe I bought from the broker in Q. Harbor.

Hope that helps.

I'm also wearing the stuff from the armor class quest, so far I've only completed parts 1 and 2. Which give gloves first and sleeves second, both are attuned.

I also have a sweet helm that I got from a quest. It's pretty much an uber helm for most for us and it's non-class based so you and your entire group can get it.

Here's how it works:

1. Go to Baubleshire and talk to tinkerer spindlecog in the bank. You must speak gnomish. IF you don't , then go to the scribe in the armory and buy the gnomish primer. It's a 3-part quest.

First part: Kill fledling antelopes in Steppes. (easy to kill, hard part is finding them)

Second part: Kill Griffawns in Steppes (located by gnoll camp in Steppes) You can get there from antonica by going behind the waterfall near the pond next to BB. Pretty easy to do as they con yellow at lvl 20 and are solo.

Third part: Tough and you need a good group. But you have to kill Octupi in the Steppes. You can find them at the docks in the water. My advice, have a great group and have someone cast enduring breath, so you can hunt in the water. It's alot easier for your MA to pull them to your group that way.

Hope that helps. Feel free to check my character and ask any question about any item I have.

Kaleos
    Antonia Bayle
    Message Edited by DP_Kirium on 11-19-2004 04:52 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Ahrimann Guest

I completed the Wizard armor class a couple days ago, and the armor quest robe does not have +INT either =/. I thought that was pretty lame.

- But it looks pretty tight, different than any of the noob robes runnin around.
    Message Edited by Ahrimann on 11-19-2004 10:54 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Dusty-Hadishi Guest

Where'd the quest start?
  6. ARCHIVED-duk3m Guest

wizard armor quests starts @ Gildas in Elddar Grove.
    He sits inside the ruins next to the japanese style building.