Forgive Me For Being New

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by JesseWelch, Nov 17, 2013.

1. JesseWelch New Member

After watching a friend from work play this game I decided to give Final Fantasy XIV ARR a break and give Everquest II a try. That said, I am a huge lore buff and know absolutely nothing about the world in which Everquest II takes place. Is there any kind of highly detailed, comprehensive reading list I can pour over to understand the world I'm about to join? I already ordered the Everquest Collector's Edition off amazon.com and it will arrive Tuesday so in the meantime I'd like to start reading about it. Thanks guys!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Mixxit Active Member

3. Finora Well-Known Member

/points to Bolly's signature above.

I was just popping over to this thread to direct you to the Lore of Norrath website.

Good stuff there. Keep in mind some is from EQ1, some from EQ2. All of it worth looking at if you really like lore though. There was an event in EQ1 that caused a timeline split and in both games currently we are working through a sort meeting of the lore timelines.

There is also http://lorelibrary.com/

And http://biblionorrath.com/, that one doesn't contain much lore itself, but can direct you to books that have lore in game.
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

5. JesseWelch New Member

Thank you all for everything you have posted. Right now I am starting off with the "History of Norrath" on the "Lore of Norrath" website as the Creation story seems as good a place as any to start with. I hope to devour everything if I get the time.
  6. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

The lore of norrath is huge and massive. Theres not only the "universal" lore but many places have their own lore. Ive tried several times getting into that but its hard to keep up ;)

Have fun reading.