For those with many alts...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Quicktiger, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Quicktiger Member

I built a web-app (available at https://tempus.flame.org/) to help keep track of character events like "mount training" and "merc training" and "research timer", and show me how long (approximately) is left on the timer.

Due dates are entered relative to "now" -- for example, "2d 12h" meaning "2 days and 12 hours from now".

Your email address is only used for password resetting. I won't spam you.

Enjoy!
  2. Quicktiger Member

3. DENSER Well-Known Member

I tried and adopted.
    Thx you ;)
    Quicktiger likes this.
  4. Quicktiger Member

I've started adding the ability to show, across your alts, what quests have been completed. I need to find the quest IDs for the VoV ones, but the others (Proof of the Pudding, artisan's pack pony, etc) can be added now once I get a good list of quests going.

You'll add the character to the "character" tab, and then the selected (by me currently) quests will appear in the "quests" tab.

Right now, manual refresh of toons is required, but eventually I'll periodically poll for updates.
  5. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Great simple tool, thank you for this!
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

Wow, nice tool to use. Thanks.
  7. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Very nice. Great idea and thank you.
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

I have been using an Excel spreadsheet that I made for this purpose for a few years now. Not the quest tracking, just the merc/mount/spell research timers.
    Juraiya and Bhayar like this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

So did I. Still using it and it includes mercs, mounts (Adv and TS), spell research and whether toon completed Adv/TS. It was doing that or losing my sanity.
    Juraiya likes this.
  10. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I use Excell and I am up to 8 pages now. Each page keeps track of different things. Like others, this is the only way I can keep track.
  11. Laughing Owl Active Member

@Quicktiger:

Quick clarification is this a web based spreadsheet (so when I add task, I also have to add the time remaining) or does it pull somehow.

I do note in spreadsheet like many others, but sometimes I forget, etc.... so if website makes it easier may signiup :) but if effectively the same as spreadsheet, will I do have that already
  12. Cassiara Member

Thank you thank you thank you! You have just reminded/inspired me to do the Pack Pony quest on my alts that don't have it, I had completely forgotten!
  13. Pizac Member

Hi

Such a fantastic spreadsheet. Any chance it could be updated for RoR quests. Keeps my OCD in check :)