for the love of all the gods here, can we please significantly speed up exp gain from 125 - 130 now?

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Carribea, Mar 24, 2024.

1. Carribea Active Member

i love all my toons, but atm levelling is a huge pain in the you know exactly where!! i hate grinding, it's annoying, i have other things i like to do like decoing or enjoying all the fests that go on, visiting a dark lit hotel with some shady looking people for an orgy.....ok jk on the last part.
    however i am not kidding on the following.....can you all please chill out with all the status and plat cost in the current and likely upcoming expansions.......i would really like to have fun again logging into eq2 vs it feeling like a job.

thanks if you all actually do something about this and bah humbug if you dont.
    Thalador, Twyla, Kattt and 2 others like this.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Good luck. Have to do everything to get that level 130. That's their thought process and they don't want to change it, no matter how many alts you run through.
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they seemed to focus on a status sink, when it should have been plat. Drain some of those billions out of the economy for researched XP vials, etc.
  4. Celestia Well-Known Member

I agree, but I think the reason they probably didn't focus so much on plat was because they knew people would just make people sell Krono for more. But I could be wrong.

This expac really does feel like work when it comes to alts. They could have found a happy medium but, they didn't.

I'm pretty much going to wait for the next expac to see what happens in that area.

PLUS, the lore and legend crap to get that green adornment, is making me tired. Have to create yet ANOTHER alt, just to do stuff on a server I don't like, to get an adornment needed on live. If you devs want us to do that crap, just make it something more challenging on the normal servers please.
    Forestchild and Geroblue like this.
  5. Solid11 Active Member

It won't matter in 7 months. Heck it don't matter now. That green adorn doesn't affect gameplay. It's just busy work if you have nothing else to do.
    Forestchild and Celestia like this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

EVERYTHING about this entire expansion is designed to SLOW. YOU. DOWN. The past 3-4 expansions have always resulted in everyone being max level within the very first week and having very little to do besides the grind. Now, you have to make sure you get that status before you can advance. Now you have to research XP potions 3-4 times to get to 130. It may be tediuous and indeed boring, but they're making sure the players keep engaging throughout the rest of the 11 months of the year.
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

Hm, someone in my guild linked me to it. I figured it might because of this so I’m doing the l&l stuff. I just spent about half the day doing the first three expansions and their names. I guess the reason I find that tedious is because I of all the access quests. Poets palace was always one of the banes of my existence purely for the second mirror access quests that make you carry the 15 -20 some statues to their little platforms.

And Cusahorn, I get that they don’t want everyone at 130 right away but it just feels so sluggish. This is why I asked for higher status on the coins.
    Forestchild likes this.
  8. Sedient Active Member

Whatever all the reasons and motivations are (profit of course is a definite one) they have lost sight of what is fun and now think that filling our year with monotonous grind that doesn't guarantee you can finish the xpac and definitely doesn't let you enjoy being at the top at all before they wipe it clean for next year is what qualifies as fun.
    Thalador, Kattt, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  9. Forestchild Well-Known Member

The ONLY reason for the green freaking adornment was to have a money sink for DB/DP. The only way you wouldn't have to do it was to sub your account, ($14.99/mo=money in their pocket), create character on a server that needs a sub, do past quests, that most people don't want to do because the time restraint (Poet's palace statue junk). All for a adornment that will not be and has not been useful since last xpac, and the future xpac.

I have friends that still raid, and they say that half or more than half of their raids don't have the stupid green adornment, because it does nothing in them. Very little in their thought.
    Celestia likes this.
  10. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Yes I tried the L&L servers, and after about 2-3 hours, I was like, "Ok, I'm bored, I see nobody on the server running around." I do a search several times, and only come up with 30-40ish players. Never the max number (100) that normally shows.

PvP is the ONLY one that I have NOT been to, and won't go to.
    Celestia likes this.
  11. Celestia Well-Known Member

Preach, Forest! If there were not so many access quests it would be a little better to just knock out. But Poets Palace is that zone that you really want 6 players to run through so that stuff like the statue crap ca ln get done in a reasonable time. Figuring out the number, then putting it down to open a door, then go to the next door, put it down, then find the correct location to put it ( thank you wiki) rinse, repeat. That’s freaking boring and it takes forever.
    Sedient and Forestchild like this.
  12. Sedient Active Member

it would be fine if they only made you do it once. they could even leave the rest of that quest and just take that step out, or auto-advance the quest by walking through the door if you have an account flag.
    Celestia likes this.
  13. Bentenn Well-Known Member

XP potions and vitality potions don’t help so I wouldn’t waste time on them not status. The one from the researcher, sure, maybe but again I wouldn’t waste that status. Just do everything again and a few rounds of zones. Will be done then.
  14. Kattt Well-Known Member

If I could "like" this post ten times I would! But I will just add....EXACLTY!
    Well said.