[For Funsies] If you were an NPC...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ColbyJack, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

If you were made into an NPC in the game, what race would you want to be? What type of quest would you hand out? Would you be voice-acted or not? Just curious how people would represent themselves as a permanent character in the world, if offered a chance.

I would (of course) be Ratonga. I would be male if not voiced, female if voiced, and I would probably offer a tradeskill quest (possibly repeatable) to have the player make cheeses for me to nom on. I would ideally be located in a secret location, but not underground. If within a city, I'd be like up in a hay loft or on some weirdly accessable roof or sommat. If in the wilds, I'd probably be someplace secluded.

So what sort of NPC would you be? Or, if not you, someone you know in game... what would they be?
    Ishtara likes this.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'd be the duck NPC within Fowlumbra that has random emotes like;

"You've made a grave error!"
    "It was a mistake coming here"
    "You shall see the error of your ways".
  3. Aivet Well-Known Member

I'd be a barbarian female, voiced for preference. I'm not sure who I'd get to voice it, though. Maybe Linda Hunt? The quest I'd hand out would be like the ones for the barbarian race ring, only it'd be a barbarian-only weapon, something like a matched pair of axes*. No clue where I'd be located, but definitely somewhere icy and snowy, maybe on one of the distant islands around Halas.

* I'd absolutely love to see appearance-only race specific weapon quests.
    Xillean and ColbyJack like this.
  4. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

You mean, like the racial ring quests but that reward weapon appearance?
    Oh hells yes.
    A thousand times yes.
    Prissetta and Xillean like this.
  5. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I would be Qho Augren and drown myself in his pond.
    Prissetta, Lexxiii, Xillean and 2 others like this.
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

winner!
    Prissetta and Xillean like this.
  7. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Heh, I sorta did this in EQ1. My gnome enchanter was sitting near some other gnomes in PoK one day, and someone came up and started talking to me like I was a quest giver. So, I started answering back like a quest giver, putting part of my response in the trigger marks for further hints. I got a few to go off and collect some stuff and bring it back, and I gave them cash for it.
    Prissetta, Katz, Xillean and 3 others like this.
  8. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I can't say I've ever done that, but I was a guide for a time in EQ2, and it was a ton of fun.
    I'd imagine it was fairly similar, in which case it's a complete blast :D

If I was an NPC or even a GM, I'd never get anything done. I'd just send people on random quests or turn them into giant cows or sommat, and giggle madly.
    Prissetta and Eradani like this.
  9. Maiana New Member

I would be a fae for Frostfell only. I would skate around the winter wonderland and have a "path". And I would hurl shinies at players (certain ones at certain times of the day or certain ones at certain points on my skating path or something fantastically complicated ) and I would only throw shinies towards players if they are within a certain proximity of me so you are forced to chase me around. Once the collection of shinies is complete you would recieve a small version of me who follows you around telling you about how awful you've been this Frostefell, and Santa Glug will only give you coal this year etc. You can call me the mischievous frostfell fae or something.
    Prissetta and Lexxiii like this.
  10. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

don't die thread pls I created you and promise you're a good thread
    T_T
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I would be Kerafyrm and we would all fly off to Luclin to live happily ever after.
  12. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I'd be Bro Augren the Deceased. The quest "My Brother's Keeper" would be to find my bones, avenge my death and put my remains to rest. During the quest, my ghostly figure would float around behind you asking endless questions:
    "Are we there yet", "Did you find anything", "Why are you going that way", "He look, I'm floating"
    Prissetta, Lexxiii, ColbyJack and 2 others like this.
  13. Ishtara Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure this was a plot considered for The Grudge 3 :p
  14. Rubick Well-Known Member

I would take Nathan Ironforge's place, but be a bulky, black barbarian voiced by Samuel L. Jackson and any time you hailed him he would only say "I'm tired of these mother f-in gnolls in this mother f-in zone."
    Katz and Zeddicious like this.
  15. semisus Does not play this game

i would be a Qeynos resident and would tell tales on how they all flew away to live happily ever after
  16. Meirril Well-Known Member

If Meirril is going to get immortalized as a NPC, he should remain a male Halfling druid, right? Though if it is a multi-stage quest alternating between Halfling and wolf (illusion) would be good. Meirril spent a lot of time as a wolf. He should be found in a camp in the Great Divide, probably close to the Dragon Ring.

Since I love Tradeskills and Lore so much, I think giving a crafting-based heritage quest would be appropriate. I'd pick ye old fashioned "Large Sewing Kit" to be the reward, but make the quest a multi-staged upgrading quest. Start with some simple material fetch quests, then gradually work in more crafting. The final quest you help upgrade the NPC's Prayer Shawl and it offers a recipe to upgrade your own Coldain Prayer Shawl to T11, and the Huge Ancient Ornate Sewing Kit is an 80 slot bag.
    Prissetta and Aivet like this.
  17. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I would be a Teir'dal assistant to Lanys T'Vyl, and when asked how to get on Her good side, I would respond with "I've been all the way around Her before. I don't think She HAS a good side!"
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Katz Well-Known Member

I want them to put this NPC in game.
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I'd be a half naked Sullonite female that gave out a quest for the new spanking emote that Ttobey is making.
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I would stay exactly as I am, a golden armored high elf, and one of my quests would be the heritage quest to get Nature's Defender. once you completed that quest, I would have a series called 'Old Soldier's Memoirs' which would regal from the character PoV about major events he was involved in, like the Battle of Bloody Kithcor (and how he got out with his soul and skin intact) events in EQ1 like the three fold curse in the karana plains, or traveling the outer planes during PoP, dealing with acquiring weapons like the Fiery Defender or the Spear of Flame....fighting the Akeveans and Shissar on Luclin.

interspersed would be events like his marriage to his wife in Butcherblock mountains, and other humrous events that I remembered from Eq1 as a player that happened to me and my usual companions.

as to a voice actor for me? hmm...if I couldn't do it myself..I think I'd want someone like kieth david or jonathan frakes. and probably just for the heritage quest part of it.