Focused Priest. Why this topic?)))

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Radi, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Radi Member

Many many and many inquisitors around!
    Of Course, they will not demand, "Yes! Nerf us, we too much OP class!"
    But in any case, most of the problems associated with them!
    Why create a special theme for this?
  2. knine Well-Known Member

the theme wasn't for inquisitors.. it was suggestions for all classes (healers in this case) if you read the post..I play a mystic and laugh at people who say inquisitors are OP...with the prestiges templars got they can cure as well (unless being knocked up into the air) and heal a whole lot better.. they do lack dps but I have seen Templars..(who know how the play the class) dps 150k plus..inquisitors are sought after because anyone who can click buttons well can heal/cure on them lol..

I read someone complaining about the dog for us mystics that he is hard to keep alive.. it's because you expect him to be sent in and not pay attention.. pay attention to you pet and he is very powerful... my pet heals are normally 10% of my heal parse and 30% or more of my cure parse.. in raids.. not heroic zones.. you just have to make sure its not in front of mob or that special 270 degree arc.. yea I know.. it takes paying attention but if they make it an easier, you'll be able to put ur face on the keyboard and get the job done...things that do need fixed.. our stupid heal pet. .get rid of it or make it better... maybe make oberon raid wide, not a grp friend.. things like this are issues lol..
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Indeed. Inquisitors are not OP no more than people say Wizzies trump Locks 100% of the time. Druids have far more curing capacity just don't cast as fast. Templar out heal Inqs easy and with prestige can cure just as well. Inq's just have been desirable for their X2 Cures which cast faster than a Druids 2 group cures that people have forgotten what the class does. Kinda like Guardians outside of Raid Zones... no one really see's them. Guards are raid tanks and that's what people expect.

Back to topic. Inq's are fine and the Focused Class Feedback threads I think were an experiment by the devs to see if the players could have a meaningful conversation about classes... and while none of the threads really stayed "focused" there were some things that seemed to be central issues for some classes.

- Mystics/Illies and other pet classes all seem to feel there is too much "watchdogging" their pet.
    - Guardians seem to be low on the dps
    - Zerks seem low on the survival in some cases even against Adds
    - Paladins need another Snap Taunt.

Yes I stayed primarily in the Fighter Threads as I main one with a Mage alt, my healer died at lvl 63. RIP Ashela, Sarnak Fury. Regardless though the feedback threads did their job I think, the dev's got feedback they can track.
  4. Davngr Well-Known Member

the only thing OP about inquis is their damage proc that is affected by target and caster potency other than that all healers are about equal. you give the other healers mystic/inquis level damage for the group and you will finally start to see more of them in raid. as far as healing.. one of the best healers i know plays an inquis and even tho i raided my defiler for years, i know for a fact that my inquis can heal just as well.

it's damage and inquis/mystc trumps everyone else.
  5. knine Well-Known Member

wouldn't call it watchdogging our pets.. would call it paying attention to what's going on.. kinda like missing a red text joust lol.. either you're paying attention or you're trying to watch tv on another monitor and you look back and your pet is dead lol.. people want a pet that is untouchable so they can just send it in without worrying about it.. if you don't want to worry about a pet.. then don't cast it or play a class that doens't have one..usually.."usually" the only time my dog dies is if I use it to pull a mob lol.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Well perhaps "watchdogging" wasn't the right term. I agree though some probably do want a "fire-n-forget" type pet class.
  7. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure what point the OP is trying to make here tbh as the priest feedback thread lacked any call for a nerf on anyone except for maybe balbasaur calling for a nerf on inquis again I think.
    Avirodar likes this.
  8. Owli Member

The 24 second I win button the templars/inquistors get with only a 2 min recast has been due for a nerf, for quiet along time.
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

DG is on a 1 minute 10 second reuse actually as a templar but as for being an I win button thats a laugh.
  10. jynoth Member

People that claim inquisitors are OP do you even play one? I currently have a mystic, inquisitor, and a warden. Each of these are very different classes though in my opinion the warden has the most abilities. 4 single target heals, 4 group heals not including emergency heals. AoE blocker, two damage avoidance spells and with prestige a Ward and damage shield. 3 group cures and if I recall correctly 2 single target cures, and can still put out DPS.
    About the only thing I can recommend for the healers is to quicken cure curse casting and refresh, and give all priests 2 group cures or quicken them as was done for the templars.
    Also change AAs for charm animal and recast or reuse speed, they are wasted AAs that have to be taken in certain specs.
    -
  11. Owli Member

It should be a 5 min recast like Cyclone, period.
  12. Daalilama Well-Known Member

And templars should have multiple group cures, group ae prevent....ohhh wait that would make me a druid. Your over inflaiting the importance of DG while its pretty good go to spell its not going to make your group completely immune from damage or red text jousts/death strikes....
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep Daali hit it on the head. DG is nice, but it is far from OP. It is a recovery spell most effective at protecting the group after a partial wipe or to avoid a wipe. It serves that function well and does not need changing imo.
  14. jynoth Member

LOL DG is not an iwin button play an inquisitor before you make assumptions, DG does not block AoEs nor is it going to stop the 100k hit. DG on a 5 min recast, yet you fail to mention that even with Cyclone being on a 5 min recast, you still have a group death save and infuriating thorns that with prestige can have 5 procs and refresh cyclone.
  15. Ximbaba New Member

Ha
    ha ha, DG is just to save the group from getting wiped. This is what we all the other healers work hard to do as well.
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Wardens are very good. No doubts here.

Furys are not bad either. Two group cures, one single target cure, which recharges instantly and one raid overtime cure though with 3 min recast. Two single direct heals, two group heals if you consider hibernation. And the prestige damage spell that heals the lowest on health raid member. I think all healers have something to be proud of nowdays.

Oops. Forgot about back into the fray. So three single target heals, plus few hots. Warden well packed as well. So i say druids can be very nice to play.
  17. Balbasur Active Member

Give me a break there is a reason why people play an INQ, it's easy and OP.
  18. Tigerr Well-Known Member

If you are using DG and thinking it is end all "OMGIMMUNITY" then just LOL to the EM content you must be judging by. In heroic content, I'd say yeah, but even then DG does NOT mean you don't have to heal. I see it as a ghetto 30% hp ward. With stuff hitting 100k+, it almost means nothing. Don't know why some people praise it so much, we get 1 single target death prevent along with 1 for the group ( that doesn't affect fighters ). If a mob turns on a mage, even with DG up... Goodbye mage, or any class for that matter.

At the moment, a WELL played warden is OP. You guys are comparing 3 different classes and arguing that one has better abilities than the other?. You must be talking about CoE heroic. Give me Cyclone, tshell, all the other stuff you get, then, you can have DG. I just love the "MANYPEOPLEPLAYDIS,MUSTBEOVERPOWERED" mentality. The curing is LOL easy sure but, my 5 min single target OT death prevent is laughing at you.
  19. Tylia Well-Known Member

I have one of every healer. My mystic (who is my main and raid character, and my favorite to play), my fury, and my inquisitor are lvl 95. My templar is lvl 93. My defiler and warden are lower level. While I consider my inquisitor fun to play, she is third in line for me with my healers, behind my mystic and fury. The only reason my templar is 4th atm is because she gets very little play time except as a tradeskiller. It's not because I think temps are sub-par or anything. They are absolutely awesome healers. I just haven't had the time to finish leveling her up atm.

I am not all that fond of my defiler, but mainly because I've had to solo her through her levels (she's lvl 72) and they are not fun to solo with. I'm starting to get to like my warden, but she's only lvl 48 so I haven't completely formed an opinion on her yet.

With all of that, I disagree that inquisitor are "omg OP". I would much rather play my mystic or my fury ahead of my inquisitor. When it comes to healing, even my templar is preferred in my opinion. Sure, inquisitor has some fun toys.. but so do each of the other healers. You just have to take the time to actually get to know the class you are playing.. what their spells and abilities do.. when to use what.. what the best AA and prestige choices are.. etc. When it comes to healers anyway.. I think the balance is fine and some player knowledge is what is lacking.
  20. Malleria Well-Known Member

Buff inqs in 2013!