Focus Effects - what to take?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Regolas, Jul 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

I thought it would be a good idea to discuss focus effects and their use for a ranger.
    I've decided on mine but I'd like some opinions from others to make sure I haven't missed one that's important. I can't remember all of them off the top of my head though.
    So there are a few no brainers, like the improvements to quick shot, storm of arrows, etc, that obviously increase your DPS.
    But what about the rest? Which focus effects have you chosen?
    For a new ranger, what ones would be the choice at what level?
    I haven't bothered with the one that improves our defensive stance, as I am never in it, for example.
    I picked the + potency and + CB ones at the end because I felt I ran out of useful ones to pick, but I may change that after discussions on here.
  2. ARCHIVED-Vifarc Guest

Regolas wrote:
    I'm always in, it's my prefered one, as the one ranger tank of Norrath
  3. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I got all the ranger specific ones except for the defensive stance. The general ones don't seem that good outside of PvP imo, but i'm never in defensive stance either so I took the 2 crit bonus.
  4. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

I took in-combat run speed instead of the triple shot one.
  5. ARCHIVED-tomsky Guest

I took all the ranger ones, EXCEPT:
    Primal Reflexes -10% hate - In group/raid, chances are you are going to either have a troub and cap you, or Peaceful link.
    Nox enfeeblement - 50% accuracy - It hits 98% of the time anyway, its not worth any more

So I took the CB and Potency ones instead.

I kept defensive stance as its nice for BG's *shrugs*
  6. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

I took primal reflexes as I find hate reduction useful, don't raid and don't always have a bard in group. Didn't bother with focus aim or nox infeeblement or defensive stance. Got potency and cb ones.